- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Jul 18 2018-07-24
We are currently looking for a Finance Analyst (newly qualified ACA or ACCA) to join our Aon Equity Services business based in London. Aon Equity Services is a division of the Rewards and Performance Practice, which is a division of Aon plc. Aon Equity Services provides global consulting services and products to both public and private companies surrounding all aspects of equity compensation. The team maintains equity compensation expertise in many regions across the globe, including the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia. One aspect of our business is to help companies with any related financial analysis.
This falls into two main categories:
Valuing share based remuneration. This may include helping companies evaluate the merits of different incentive arrangements or calculating the accounting implications of share based remuneration.
Designing share price related performance conditions and assessing performance against these conditions.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
The role will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Reviewing and performing option valuations in accordance with the relevant accounting standards (predominantly under International GAAP (i.e. International Financial Reporting Standard 2) either using the Black-Scholes methodology or our in-house developed model.
- Sustain the technical expertise of our team in both knowledge around the IFRS 2 accounting standard and understanding of our tool and templates.
- Provide support to the Reward Analytics Team Leader with PeerTracker, an online TSR tool, to our clients.
- Liaising with the US Aon team responsible for PeerTracker to review PeerTracker sites.
- Supporting the Team Lead with developing the business plan for PeerTracker.
- Provide commercial support on the marketing and sales of PeerTracker.
- Reviewing whether share price performance conditions have been satisfied to determine whether share based remuneration can be released to executives.
- Developing the commercial aspects of the Reward Analytics teams.
- Broadening relationships with clients and partners.
- Assist with marketing materials to existing and new clients.
- Production of white-papers and thought leadership in the marketplace.
- Supporting the executive compensation consulting team with the design of share price based performance conditions that may be used in short and/or long-term incentive plans. The support will include analysis to support the selection of peer group companies (e.g. correlation and volatility analysis), calculating bespoke share price indices, back testing of share price performance.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Ideally you will be ACA or ACCA qualified, with a comprehensive understanding of audit.
- A high level of numeracy.
- Strong understanding of statistics, finance, market research or empirical modelling techniques.
- A strong working knowledge of the MS Office suite – particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Conscientious, self-motivated, and able to work to tight deadlines.
- An enquiring and analytical mind and desire to learn.
- A flexible attitude.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.