- £28,050 - £33,300 pa (subject to experience and skillset) GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of England
- 31 Aug 18 2018-08-31
The Bank of England is the UK's central bank. Our mission is to deliver monetary and financial stability for the British people. The Bank of England is a diverse organisation. Each of its 4,000 people are committed to public service and dedicated to promoting the good of the people of the United Kingdom by maintaining monetary and financial stability.
The Technology Division provides information and system technology services to all business areas in the Bank as part of Central Services, and is responsible for all aspects of the Bank's project and programme delivery. We exist to support the Bank in meeting its key objectives and strategic priorities.
About the role
This is a people management role. You will be responsible for day-to-day management of junior staff. You will develop staff through sharing information effectively, coaching and communicating a clear vision to ensure that your staff are productive, engaged and motivated to deliver the area's aims.
The primary focus of the job is:
· Preparation of accurate monthly divisional and area management accounts, providing detailed analysis of monthly expenditure reporting to be shared with are area finance reps to enable them to manage their budget effectively
· Ensure that all Managers in Technology are compliant with agreed processes for managing spend
· Working with the senior management and Finance Business Partner to define Technology’s annual budget
· Analysing divisional financial performance and making longer term forecasts whilst recommending ways of cutting costs, providing information for audits and working with the senior management to make financial decisions
· Undertaking and the processing of divisional spend, including tracking of invoices and purchase orders.
· Understands IT operations and has specialist knowledge of IT financial and budgetary management
· Experience of managing budgets and reporting to Stakeholders with focus upon P&L and depreciation including risks and opportunities associated with managing a large IT budget.
· Highly numeric/strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
· Well organised, proactive attitude to work with an ability to multi-task and prioritise
· Logical and objective approach to financial information analysis
· Ability to deliver high-quality outputs on schedule
· Works actively with others to achieve targets and objectives and supports group decisions
As a unique institution, we have a reward package which sets us apart from other organisations. It includes a competitive salary, but also a much wider offering, including a defined benefit pension and comprehensive flexible benefits. We also offer a working environment which fully supports individuals through flexible working, wellbeing initiatives including an on-site medical and dental unit.
We continue to build an inclusive culture where everyone can be their whole selves and produce their best work. Our focus on inclusion is intended to build greater diversity in order to reflect the society we serve and be an employer of choice.
Please apply online, ensuring that you answer the application questions and submit your CV.