Finance Analyst – Product Valuations
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
Finance Analyst – Product Valuations
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: The CFO Group
The London Office are currently looking for a Finance Analyst to join the Global Valuations Group Methodology team in EMEA, which sits within the CFO function of the Global Banking and Markets area of BAML.
GVG is a Quantitative function operating across asset classes and regions, with its primary role to define, develop and implement appropriate methodology for all aspects of valuations under the CFO remit. Developing tactical and strategic solutions to enhance the efficiency and robustness of controls.
GVG partners with the Model Risk Management, Quantitative Strategies Group, Market Risk, Trading and IT, amongst others, to provide insight and to ensure it stays on top of market and internal developments to provide effective controls.
As a Finance Analyst - Product Valuations your responsibilities will include:
- Working with Business Finance & Control to ensure that BAML has a consistent valuations framework that meets requirements, internal and external, in providing effective balance sheet controls
- Partnering with IT to develop the valuations infrastructure in a Python environment where appropriate
- Partner with control, trading and development groups to provide feedback from the control process and understand forthcoming developments
- Provide an effective challenge to current processes and propose enhancements where required
- Define, develop and implement new processes and procedures to improve controls
- Participate in new deal reviews and new model sign offs
As a Finance Analyst - Product Valuations your skills/competencies will be:
- Degree in mathematical finance or a technical subject (Higher degree is preferable)
- Experience of working in a quantitative finance role (in any asset class)
- Programming experience in developing production standard code (preferably Python)
- Good communication and writing skills
- Ability to coordinate/multi task and deliver to deadlines
- Understanding of derivative option pricing frameworks (any asset class)
- Good product, trading strategy and risk hedging understanding (any asset class)
- Knowledge of accounting and the regulatory environment (and challenges) around valuations would be of an advantage
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.