Finance Analyst - Brokerage
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Responsible for managing the balance sheet reconciliation and revenue and expense reporting for the NT Institutional Brokerage business in EMEA and APAC.
The role will act as a key link between the business and the NT accounting function, providing accounting with all of the revenue and expense data required for their daily, monthly and quarterly reporting. The successful candidate will be the key contact to provide management with MI relating to revenues for different business lines and products, generating reporting on a daily basis. The role will also act as the main point of contact with our clearer BNP for accounting queries.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Managing the day-to-day reconciliation of our revenue and expense data to our books and records at BNP Paribas and establish good quality operational Financial Control processes.
• Generating and distributing daily revenue and expense reporting to management.
• Performing month-end trial balance reconciliations between revenue reporting systems, General Ledge (Peoplesoft) and BNP trial balance
• Construct and deliver timely relevant ledger entry formats to Finance.
• Managing the RPA (Research Payment Account) process, reconciling between BNP RPA accounts, TSI Firmview system and CARR revenue reporting system. Handling FX sweep process and associated journal entries at BNP. Processing research provider invoices and payments on behalf of clients.
• Act as the key liaison point between the Institutional Brokerage business and the NT Financial Control.
• Provide enhanced MI to senior management around revenues for different products and business streams.
• Related industry qualification, (preferable ACA / ACCA/CIMA) or qualified by experience in a multi-currency Financial Services environment, with a university degree.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly motivated individual who has an excellent attention to detail.
• Analytical and problem solving skills are required to evaluate financial results and projections.
• Strong MS-Excel skills – intermediate to advanced level.
• Organisational skills are needed to prioritize work assignments, handle large volumes of data and manage projects within a deadline-driven environment.
• Strong process and procedure development skills to ensure good Financial Control.
• Experience of the brokerage business would be an advantage.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $131 billion in banking assets
• $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
• $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management