Finance Analyst - M&A PE Portfolio Company
- £40-45k plus bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Superstruct Entertainment Limited
- 18 Feb 19
Superstruct Entertainment, a London based, global roll-up of premium live music festivals, is looking for a new addition to its Finance team. The successful candidate will be a key player in a small team and will report into the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis. The role provides an opportunity to have a significant impact upon the development of a private equity backed start-up in the interesting and fast paced music festival sector. The Analyst will support the team with the commercial finance and analysis across both Superstruct and its various operating companies, and when required, support on acquisitions.
As a Finance & M&A Analyst, you will be part of the Superstruct team based in London. Besides your day-to-day interactions within the Superstruct team, you will also be working closely with both the teams at the local festival level and the Providence team. This role involves a broad remit to support the business.
Your daily duties will include:
- Work closely within the Superstruct team to support the operating companies on building financial reporting disciplines including financial budgeting & planning, revenue, cost and capex evaluation and other
- Assist in finance and accounting at the level of both Superstruct and its operating companies
- Supporting in the consolidation of the Group’s financials up to the Holdco level; Performance of balance sheet and cash flow projections incl. calculations of debt levels and covenants
- Assist in the integration of new acquisitions to ensure a smooth onboarding onto the Superstruct platform
- Supporting in the preparation of board papers and presentations
- Occasional support in the financial analysis of potential acquisition opportunities
What we are looking for:
- Professional accounting qualification (preferably ACA) and 1+ year post qualification experience either at one of the Big 4, and/or in finance in the events industry and/or 2+ years’ experience in investment banking at a Bulge Bracket or premium Corporate Finance Boutique
- Strong academic background
- Language skills – European languages (beyond English) a big plus
- Strong communication skill and ability to work in a small team
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to work on a variety of projects and tasks
- Ability and maturity to interact regularly with senior management of Superstruct’s operating companies
- Strong organisational and execution skills
- Excellent financial and analytical modelling skills, as well as strong presentation skills
- Interest in music festivals and live entertainment a positive
Founded in 2017, Superstruct Entertainment is a live entertainment platform backed by Providence Equity Partners. The company entered its first investment and partnership agreement in January 2017 with Sziget Cultural Management, an owner and operator of music festivals in Hungary, and later that year, with elrow in Spain, an immersive live event and entertainment concept. In 2018, Superstruct entered into investment and partnership agreements with Fuzzy Events a leading operator of boutique festivals across the main metropolitan areas in Australia and 3 further leading festivals in Europe: Sónar in Spain, Øya in Norway and Flow in Finland. Superstruct is actively in the market to further expand the platform through additional acquisitions in its mission to create an “alliance of quality” of like-minded festival founders and is looking to add strong partners in different regions and genres which have a proven management team and operations.
The vision of Superstruct is to not only become a pure-play global festival operator but also to provide its portfolio of festivals with additional support, both through investment in each business and in growing their various revenue streams while retaining their entrepreneurial drive, culture and independence. Superstruct very much believes that key to its success is the fostering cooperation whilst avoiding internal competitive dynamics and leaving creative control with the local teams. The role of Superstruct is at “board” level, which means oversight, discussing and approving business plans, budgets and new major initiatives and moreover providing access to other areas of the Group.
The company is led by CEO James Barton, the former President of Electronic Music at Live Nation and the founder of Creamfields (one of Europe’s leading festivals). Providence Equity is the leading global investor in the Media, Entertainment, Communications and Education industry and has significant experience in the live events sector.
Please apply with a short cover note and your CV. We would be delighted to receive your application and look forward to getting to know you!