Finance Analyst / Product Control - Leading IB
- £50K + bens + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Ink Recruitment
- 13 Jul 18 2018-07-13
Outstanding opportunity to join a leading Investment Bank in their MI function. A broad role, you will be providing important information to senior decision makers and gain exposure to a number of different asset classes and supporting infrastructure teams.
We are looking for a Finance, Risk or Product Control reporting specialist. The new team member will be mainly involved in daily activities, but will also - in ad-hoc requests and project initiatives. Daily activities will range from reviewing reconciliation reports and raising issues with relevant stakeholders, calculating and posting P&L valuations adjustments, performing P&L reviews, distributing daily and periodic consolidated P&L and Finance Reports. Periodic tasks will also cover preparing Management Committee packs and monthly management accounts. Ad-hoc requests will come from our senior colleagues in FO, Product Control and even directly from CFO.
As the broader IDM team is in the unique position of covering the delivery of Management Information across Finance and Risk areas, there will be potential to broaden experience with exposure to daily production and processes across Product Control, Finance and Risk departments using popular self-service business intelligence tools.
- Preparation of management, committee and board packs, including management accounts and daily Consolidated P&L, for delivery to senior stakeholders across the international business.
- Liaison with key stakeholders in Product Control, Risk and Finance across the international business.
- Preparation and analysis of daily P&L and regulatory metrics reports for onward dissemination to Product Control and Risk for further analysis, including identification and resolution of upstream data and system issues through close liaison with data management and technology teams.
- Implementing effective process controls and process re-engineering through involvement in strategic projects.
- Automate and/or work with the IDM Development team to reduce/improve manual reporting processes and optimize existing reports.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2:1 (or equivalent) Bachelor’s degree
- CFA, ACA or CIMA qualification desirable, but not required
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in a Risk, Product Control or Finance MI reporting role
- Familiarity with key financial concepts, including performance measurement and risk metrics
- Experience of working with stakeholders of all levels
- Proficient with Excel desirable, but not required