An excellent opportunity for a Business Partner has arisen at a global institutional investor / asset manager with a total AUM value in excess of £400bn. The client manages a range of funds including fixed income, multi-asset and property on behalf of pension funds, financial institutions and sovereign wealth funds.
Reporting to a Director, you will be tasked with the design and implementation of corporate governance policies; managing oversight of outsourced service providers; providing MI to senior stakeholders and assisting with new fund launches.
- Regulatory, compliance and control environment
- Liaise with Compliance, Legal, Operations, Client Relationship Management and other areas of the business to ensure that procedures are complete, up to date and appropriately address the risks in the business;
- Perform regular gap and risk analysis to identify and address unknown risks to the business;
- Act as interface between outsourced service providers and investment team to ensure transaction information is accurately appraised and communicated to the outsourced service provider.
- Initiate and chair projects required to implement or amend processes
- Create and maintain books of investment record that agree to the Group’s fund accounting record & report/analyse AUM and performance to management and clients;
- Key point of contact with the relevant third-party relationship for external funds (eg external fund accountants, managing agents, trustees and Depositaries) and responsible for maintaining effective oversight of third party relationships;
- Attendance/presentation of financial reports at General Partner (GP) board and investor meetings/presentations;
- Ensure adequate finance procedures are in place and implement improved procedures where necessary, and
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards, including the Alternative Investment Fund Management Directive.
Profile of ideal candidate
- Academic Degree – 2:1 minimum – or equivalent is essential
- Qualified Accountant with a strong controls framework background and experience of accounting in a debt investment fund management environment;
- Strong IFRS skills
- Implementing funds from first close through to investment and disposal
- In depth knowledge and experience of debt fund accounting
- Financial analysis/financial covenant appraisals of corporate entities
- MiFID II knowledge/ experience advantageous
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Ability to advise, persuade and influence fund managers in an ambiguous and / or changing environment.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Ability to present to senior management, fund managers and investors.
- Experience of managing and delivering within a changing environment.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast paced and changeable environment.
- Ability to grasp issues, find creative and innovative solutions to problems.