Job Description We are looking for experienced Senior Managers to join our team of Finance Transformation within Financial Services. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of banks, leading in providing advice and assurance in relation to complex finance transformation programmes.
We are looking for experienced Senior Managers to join our team of Finance Transformation within Financial Services.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of banks, leading in providing advice and assurance in relation to complex finance transformation programmes.
KPMG has a proven track record of helping clients in this area and we have significant growth plans given the opportunities arising from continued regulatory scrutiny and increasing regulatory change.
Our team members possess a variety of core advisory and assurance skills and have considerable industry knowledge and specialist expertise in financial services risk and regulation.
As a Senior Manager in the team, you will be involved in leading the day to day delivery of all aspects of business development, client targeting, growth and client delivery. You will also have an opportunity to lead executive level client interactions and gain exposure to a wide range of FCA and PRA regulated clients. Core elements of the role include:
- Supporting delivery of large- scale projects by assessing engagement risks, driving conclusions
- Supporting engagement mobilisation through scoping, planning and defining outcomes and creating deliverables as part of a larger project team
- Preparation of underlying materials as well as leading/participation in client workshops
- Co-ordinating activities between small teams on projects to deliver tasks, including providing guidance and feedback to junior team members
- Supporting Financial management of client engagements
- Undertaking practice development activities including contributing to thought leadership pieces, running industry events, delivering training or managing team communications
- Aiding proposals and bid teams in delivery of high-quality proposals
- Developing strong internal and external networks for long term relationships,
- Driving innovation by creating an environment that encourages innovation and being a leader in this area by implementing new and improved ways of working, delivery models and / or technological advancements
- Establishing and managing effective working relationships with peer-level clients as part of project delivery roles
- Training, coaching, and supervising junior staff
- Identifying opportunities for securing new business
- Contributing to business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new / existing clients
- Contributing to the growth of the practice by providing input to KPMG Point of views, development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams, inclusive behaviours, and emotional intelligence
- Managing the sharing of knowledge, experience (positive and negative) and lessons learned
- Keeping up to date with industry news and developments
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- Demonstrate expertise across engagement and practice teams
- Always display excellent communication and presentation skills to people across all levels of an organisation
- Able to apply logic and problem solving to complex Finance business problems
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing CFOs in the financial services sector
- Take personal responsibility for the quality of delivery
- Instil a positive team mentality, even when under pressure, by treating their colleagues well and creating an inclusive culture
- Comfortable and confident around senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Extremely comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools
- Strong interest and commitment to understanding and developing leading edge Finance solutions for our clients
- Experience of working in a consulting role in financial services (Capital Markets, Banking, Insurance and/or Wealth and Asset Management), or a transformation role in industry, focusing on the Finance function
- Experience in assisting in delivery of large-scale Finance change programmes in Financial Services and demonstrable experience of leading change gained from:
- hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, or top tier consulting firm within Financial Services, or
- leading change programmes at a Financial Services organisation, or
- leading a Line function at a Financial Services organisation
- A background in Finance, Risk / Regulation or Treasury
- Understanding of Finance Operating Models and Finance Transformation, including location and service model strategy
- Product Control and Valuation – including demonstrable product knowledge (Capital Markets Candidates)
- Accounting and regulatory change e.g. IFRS9, IFRS17, IBOR, ViR – supporting clients to understand and address complex change, and leading delivery of programmes / projects
- Financial Control – including internal and external statutory reporting
- Financial modelling, budgeting, business planning, forecasting and analysis
- Finance, Risk and Treasury integration, operating model design and implementation
- Front to back process, control and governance
- Balance sheet management and financial resource optimisation
- Cost reporting and management
- Finance Cost Reduction and Process Improvement
- Finance systems architecture and strategy delivery
- General Ledger, consolidation and EPM projects
- Regulatory, statutory and management reporting projects including COREP, FINREP
- Optimisation of financial resources – capital, liquidity, RWA, LBS etc.
- Use of related technology including SAP, Oracle, Hyperion, BPM tools, EPM systems, Treasury systems ERP systems, Robotic Technology, AI and Digital technologies, Cloud and Google based solutions, Hadoop and Big Data, Tableau, Biazagi and other visualisation tools.
Qualifications and skills
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is desirable but not compulsory
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) applied in a financial institution would be beneficial, but not essential
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills, including an ability to communicate well with and influence senior stakeholders (internal and external) in writing and verbally
- A deep understanding of regulatory developments and key current issues facing clients and a proven ability to articulate these in discussions / presentations with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in leading and working with teams and the ability to work independently.