Finance, Controllers, Financial Reporting, Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB FINANCE
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Divisional Overview:
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures.
The Financial Reporting team sits within the Controllers department, a part of the Finance division. This is a very high profile team involved in a wide range of areas/issues and involves interaction with many other areas of the Firm.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include the following:
- Preparation of EMEA daily, weekly and monthly revenue and expense reports on rotation.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc financial reports that explain moves in the region's revenues and expenses in the context of the market events.
- Review and analysis of business unit, divisional and regional profitability and efficiency.
- Analyze operating expenses and provide monthly and quarterly expense analysis.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of annual budgets and reforecasts.
- Preparation of various month-end reporting packs.
- Business and P&L forecasting for use in both the firm's Stress Testing processes and also ad-hoc business scenario analysis.
- Close liaison with other areas of the firm, including: Regulatory Reporting, Corporate Accounting, Technology and Revenue - Producing Divisions.
- Participation in global financial/regulatory projects (systems development, new dashboard/reporting products).
- Qualified accountant.
- Basic industry knowledge and strong accounting knowledge. Keen interest in financial products and markets and a flair for systems.
- Strong Communication - ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a broad range of people across the Firm at various levels of seniority
- Strong analytical skills.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.