Finance Data Analyst
Salary: Not Specified
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
The Global Technology Finance (GT Finance) Team are responsible for providing management accounting support to the Global Technology division. The team are responsible for the processing and preparation of monthly management accounts, budgeting and forecasting, variance analysis reporting and business partnering with both finance and
The Global Technology Finance (GT Finance) Team are responsible for providing management accounting support to the Global Technology division. The team are responsible for the processing and preparation of monthly management accounts, budgeting and forecasting, variance analysis reporting and business partnering with both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
This person would be responsible for streamlining and managing data-driven processes within the GT Finance team, automating and updating the existing processes to connect original data sources to the models, visualisations and outputs used. A strong background in data analytics and attention to detail are therefore essential for this role.
The team are heavily reliant on Alteryx and Tableau software so experience of using these systems or similar is essential.
• Responsible for data consolidation and analysis, using existing Alteryx workflows and other processes
• Responsible for updating and maintaining the data consolidation workflows; identifying errors in the output data and correcting the workflows accordingly
• Creation of self service analytical tools and dashboards, ad-hoc analysis reports and presentations.
• Identifying and implementing efficiency improvements to the monthly processing cycle.
• Collective responsibility for month end tasks including project accruals, prepayments, fixed assets accounting and inter-company recharging.
• Key point of contact for business users, providing accurate and timely cost centre information
• Liaise with other finance teams to enable timely submission of entities as part of monthly consolidation process
• Assist with the Budgeting and Forecasting processes
Competencies & Experience:
• Experienced Alteryx, Tableau and/ or similar user
• Strong IT skills including Excel
• Experience in the development and maintenance of management information, data consolidation systems
• Highly numerate with a good attention to detail
• Proven logical thinker and creative problem solver
• Data analytics experience and experience working with large data sets
• Excellent visualisation and presentation skills
• Experience of using Oracle, HFM and HPCM or similar
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Have a team focus and be adaptable and willing to learn
• Deadline focussed
• Responsive to ad-hoc queries
• Technology finance background
• Good Academic background (Science/Maths/Economics/IT)
• Doesn’t need to be an Accountant but opportunity to move into this field