- up to £60,000, depending on experience
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Fair Finance
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
The Finance Director (“FD”) will be a key member of the Fair Finance senior leadership team, meeting challenging operational and financial objectives, as well as supporting Business Development.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The FD will lead the finance function ensuring that core control, financial accounting, reporting and planning, business performance, liquidity management and risk/control processes are consistently applied. You will drive the performance of the business and lead the finance team in continuously improving the quality of financial information and analysis necessary to maintain growth and improve operational efficiency.
In addition, the FD will play a central role in developing strategy, capital-raising initiatives and investor relations.
This individual will operate as a business partner to Founder and Managing Director (“MD”) Faisel Rahman OBE and the other members of the senior leadership team in driving performance management, operational rigour and change. The successful candidate will have strong business and communication skills, a decision-partner approach, “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude, strong mission alignment and the breadth, substance, pace and intellect to drive the business.
• Fair Finance Senior Leadership Team
• Board of Directors of Fair Finance and the Trustees of Fair Money Advice
• Committees of Fair Finance, in particular the Finance Committee
• Investors and Lenders
• Auditors and key suppliers
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Planning
• In conjunction with the MD, lead the development of short and long-term strategic financial objectives and oversee execution of those objectives
• Assist with developing capital structures, engaging with investors and funders and be responsible for building and overseeing the group’s capital and liquidity projections.
• Set financial targets across the business in line with the overall strategic plan
• Lead the building, testing, monitoring and updating of financial models
• Lead the annual budgeting and regular financial forecasting with the leadership team and maintain overall financial management of the business.
Financial performance and management information
• Support, challenge and advise the business to drive superior financial performance
• Provide the Board, Finance Committee and other members of the senior leadership team with business performance MI and analysis, and advice on the financial implications of business activities
• Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and cash flow, including performance trend reporting
• Ensure appropriate returns on capital and thereby maintain a robust capital position within the Board’s approved risk framework.
• Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance function ensuring that a robust control environment is maintained
• Ensure that all aspects of financial reporting requirements under UKGAAP (FRS 102) are met for all entities
• Manage the timely delivery of year-end financial reporting and audit ensuring that all relevant reporting standards are adhered to
• Oversee financial operations and control (e.g. transactions, payments processing, and reconciliations) across the business, and implement operational best practice
• Working with the Operations and Collection teams, ensure that loan provisions and loss ratios are managed
• Ensure that tax compliance is achieved and relevant regulatory reporting requirements are met
• Lead and manage an effective relationship with the external auditors
• Assist with the management of investor and banking relationships
• Assist with fund-raising and investor presentations
• Manage the monitoring of various banking covenants and renewal of facilities
• Manage and lead a Finance Team, support them to work effectively and ensure that they develop with the business needs.
We are looking for people who are passionate about the mission of Fair Finance and can make the correct ethical and responsible decision – one that doesn’t compromise Fair Finance or its clients. Along with your professional qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) you will have previous experience as a Finance Director within a relevant commercial or social business and along with experience in line management and leading teams, building the capacity of direct reports.
You will have a quick, practical brain that is always looking to try to see why problems occur and find creative ways to solve them. You will be expected to be flexible, hands-on and adapt to changing needs, and be able to demonstrate delivering results under pressure.