- £120,000 - £150,000 base plus bonus and package
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 03 Apr 18 2018-04-03
We're acting to appoint a new Finance Director to a boutique private equity firm focussed on European lower-mid market investments. It has made some excellent investments to date and currently raising a new fund. The appointee will undertake a broad role with a lot operational and commercial exposure.
The successful candidate will have a wide remit and key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and sign-off of the financial statements and management accounts;
- Overseeing the developing the budgeting and forecasting process and contributing to the strategic direction of the firm;
- Overseeing production of the fund accounts and the general administration of the funds;
- Overseeing the carried interest calculations and execution of capital calls and distributions;
- Managing relationships with deal executives, partners and providing commercial input from a finance and tax perspective;
- Managing external relationships with the third party fund administrators, auditors and tax advisors;
- Developing the portfolio valuation models and processes;
- Responding to ad-hoc investor queries;
- Develppment of the finance function - ensuring 'best in class' processes and procedures and appointing a full time Financial Controller;
- FCA and compliance monitoring;
- VAT & corporate tax reporting;and
- Ad-hoc task as required.
The successful candidate must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with significant finance experience within private equity. Ideally, you must have covered both fund accounting/reporting and management company financial control. You must also have excellent presentational and communication skills. The ability to build relationships with the partners and investment team is key. You must have unfailing integrity and a willingness to to adopt a hands-on approach whilst operating at a high level.