Finance, Global Markets/Asset Management Tax Advisor, Associate, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCE | TAX
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our Tax professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's worldwide taxes. We are responsible for tax compliance, financial reporting of taxes, tax planning, business advisory and management of taxing authority examinations. Our work contributes directly to the firm's success, and the division is ideal for creative and collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
An opportunity has arisen in the Tax Department for a Tax Professional to advise the firm's front-office including businesses in the Global Markets Division and Asset Management Division. This position will involve significant interaction with people at all levels in these business units and will require strong transaction management skills. If you are a self-starter who is excited by the prospect of working with a challenging team this role will appeal to you. The role will encompass:
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Advising businesses in the Global Markets Division on equities trading, structured note programmes and derivatives trading and structuring
- Advising businesses in the Asset Management Division on tax consequences related to investment funds
- Working with, and challenging the input from, external advisors throughout EMEA
- Liaising with other tax colleagues within the firm, particularly in the US
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Professionally qualified - UK Lawyer or ACA/CTA
- Minimum 4 years' tax experience with a financial services focus at a leading firm
- Strong technical UK tax knowledge
- Experience of cross-border transactions and structuring, including knowledge of tax regimes in other European jurisdictions and the USA (US experience preferred but not required)
- A team player with the energy and enthusiasm to prosper in a challenging business environment
- Self-starter with an ability to work with teams across the firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity