Finance Lending & Control Accountant (Perm)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Resource Solutions
- 29 Nov 17 2017-11-29
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for the financial control and financial reporting of the Lending Services and Payment and Cash Management Ledgers. The candidate prime role will be to assist in the production of the Payment and Cash Management Financial Reporting to head office.
The role includes, but not limited to, the following main duties and tasks:
- Production and submission of Financial Reporting to the head office (Monthly, Quarterly and Annually).
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliation
- Intercompany reconciliation
- Production of Head Office Financial and Regulatory Reporting requirements. I.e Interest rate risk reporting; Liquidity Reporting; Memo Movements; Country Risk; Foreign Currency; FINREP / Asset Encumbrance.
- Production of monthly and quarterly Financial analytical review
- Handling of queries from internal and external auditors, including preparation of quarter-end and year-end working papers.
In addition, the candidate will also have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the back reporting for Lending Services ledger (the financial reporting process is managed in Amsterdam, but the review and overall control of Balance sheet; profit and loss statement and all quarterly reporting remains in London).
- Maintaining Stakeholder relationship and dealing with ad hoc queries from other business areas.
- Provide cover for other team members
- Drive forward key reporting initiatives
The candidate is also expected to challenge current process and suggest improvements to the current processing on an ongoing basis, ensuring that any enhancements are implemented in a controlled manner.
Finance UK supports large parts of the UK business. Movements within and outside the department do occur and there is potential to progress within the team.
The successful candidate would be expected to remain in the role for a minimum of 24 months.
Essential: CIMA/ACCA/ACA Part Qualified
Desirable: CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified
- Financial Accounting experience
- Good Excel skills
- Financial Control experience
- Knowledge of banking industry is an advantage
- Excel to macro level and MS access
- The candidate must be delivery focused with the ability to set own tasks without being prompted and to manage their own time & deliverables.
- Able to co-ordinate own work to meet deliverables.
- Have the ability to pick up key issues quickly
- Have a proactive /can do attitude to work
- Drive, commitment and enthusiasm are essential.
- The candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- The candidate must be able to present logical, well-reasoned analysis to Finance and non-Finance individuals.
- Strong motivation to challenge current processes and follow up on issues.
- Conscientious, diligent and takes responsibility for own actions
- Must be a strong team player