- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Maze Executive Search & Selection
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
This position is responsible for supporting the UK Finance team in London & Dublin for financial and management reporting.
This role requires:
- Outstanding analytical skills with an inquisitive mindset to identify and swiftly resolve issues
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills to be able to juggle competing priorities
- Excellent communication & presentation skills to provide guidance to the local and Head Office finance teams on specific issues
- Full accountancy qualification
- 2-3 years Post-qual experience
- Work with the UK auditors to ensure timely production of financial statements
- Provide expertise in incorporating new disclosure requirements as new businesses/products are booked in the local entities
- Provide expertise in incorporating changes in reporting standards.
- Assist where required in all aspects of statutory reporting for all the UK & Irish entities, including reviewing draft financial statements to ensure accuracy of numbers and appropriateness of financial statement disclosures
• Maintain an up-to-date awareness of changes to UK and International accounting standards and ensure that the local Finance teams have adequate infrastructure in place to remain compliant with accounting rules at all times.
- Ensure that the European finance team designs and maintains appropriate working papers to maintain the high standard of financial reporting required to satisfy local financial reporting standards
- Ensure annual review of procedures for completeness and accuracy
- Involvement with month end, quarter end and year-end close process for both London Branch and UK subsidiaries including management of remittances to Toronto
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Prepare and be prepared to review journal entries including posting of variable compensation, accruals and prepayments.
- Manage intercompany recharge process
- Ownership of London’s relationship with the Accounts Payable team in Toronto and associated expense processing
- Delivery of a range of head office returns/disclosures including audit/provisions
- Prepare all management reporting for subsidiary entities
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis work for senior management as required
- Provide oversight to regional management reporting as prepared by Wholesale Finance in Toronto
- Prepare local business line analysis for management reporting
- Contribute to the production and analysis of various metrics to add value to management reviews