- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Pi Labs
- 08 Jun 18 2018-06-08
Pi Labs is looking for an ambitious qualified accountant to fulfil a new role in the business to handle both corporate and fund finance work. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a VC fund which is one of the leaders in its field.
Pi Labs is the first venture capital platform in Europe to focus exclusively on early stage ventures in the proptech vertical.
Pi Labs is one of the pioneers in the proptech/real estate-tech sector having made its first investment in 2013. It has now completed 34 investments across personal investing and two subsequent funds and has the brand and expertise to continue to attract the best founders in the sector in which to invest.
Reporting to the Managing Partner, responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop and manage financial controls and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports for the company and its funds
- Prepare VAT reporting for all entities
- Assist with tax and compliance matters
- Forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual budgets
- Liaise with external accountants and auditors
- Manage supplier payments and employee expenses
Experience / Desirable qualities
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
- 5 years of experience in a finance manager or controller role
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Comfortable with an unstructured working environment with an aptitude for taking ownership of issues and executing
- An interest in the start-up/tech ecosystem is desirable
- Experience in process and system building
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, then we would love to hear from you. Please apply with a CV and covering letter to get the ball rolling.