We're recruiting a Finance Manager on behalf of a leading private equity investor. The firm has recently raised a new £1bn fund and has UK & international offices. It is firmly in growth mode and we're looking for a qualified accountant to join it's growing team. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience in private equity/alternatives who is looking to progress their career with an outstanding firm
The appointee will enjoy varied responsibilities across most aspects of finance. Key responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of and support with updating financial accounting records for group operating companies.
- Oversight of accounts receivable and accounts payable across the Management Company structure including payment of vendors and employees.
- Supporting the Financial Controller with the Group’s annual budget and semi-annual reforecast process.
- Preparing management information
- Preparation of annual accounts for operating companies, consolidation of group results and assisting the Financial Controller with the annual audit as required.
- Review of quarterly VAT returns and post necessary corrections.
- Preparation of annual payroll tax returns with support from payroll consultants and tax advisers (e.g. PSA calculations, P11ds, etc.).
- Responsible for vendor onboarding and supporting the Financial Controller with ongoing management of Group Finance and back office service providers.
- Continuous improvement of finance processes including development of process notes and policy documents.
- Assist with other accounting projects as required including the upgrade of finance systems during 2020 and 2021.
- Performing ad hoc analyses and deep dive reviews as required by Management
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience working in the finance team of a private equity firm or another alternative asset manager. Alternatively, we could someone at approximately Manager level in practice working with similar clients. You must have an excellent academic record, a good sense of humour, humility and good communication skills.