DESCRIPTION Who we are:
Global Transportation Services sits at the center of Amazon's Outbound Transportation Supply Chain. The Fulfillment Acceleration (Speed) Finance team collaborates across the End to End Supply chain within Amazon from Placement, Fulfillment, Middle Mile, and Last Mile teams and Tech partners to ensure on time delivery, fast delivery speed, and ensuring transportation at the right cost structure.
Global Transportation Services seeks a Finance Manager who is a creative problem solver to support our growth while gaining significant Operations Finance experience. This role will work closely with cross-functional business and finance leaders End to End with Operations and partnering with Consumer to improve our Speed portfolio ensuring investments deliver the proper ROI.
Growth in this role:
The ideal candidate has demonstrated the following abilities: you influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment. You collaborate with various business units across Amazon with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You quickly learn operations to understand economics and key financial drivers, and gain proficiency with Amazon data systems in order to conduct efficient analyses to reduce cost, while exercising controllership and improving the customer experience.
• Use solid financial knowledge and business insight to build automated reporting in partnership with NA on Speed reporting to Sr leadership in Seattle owning all Reporting/Forecasting for EU Speed KPIs.
• Creates effective business partnerships, handles complex priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events.
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports/metrics that improve efficiency of Speed investments and enable Speed growth goals.
• Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or other fields with analytical focus
• 7+ years of corporate finance or related analytical experience
• Strong English language written and oral communication skills with an ability to concisely summarize relevant data and convey results by effectively articulating complex messages
• Intermediate or advance proficiency with Microsoft Excel
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Previous experience with logistics, supply chain or engineering
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.