Finance Manager - EMEA APAC
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this role you will be responsible for producing, understanding and presenting the EMEA & APAC financial results for Columbia Threadneedle Investments - Ameriprise's Global Asset Management business. Alongside regular and ad-hoc reporting, you will conduct business performance analysis to identify and resolve/escalate issues.
You will have a high focus on continual improvement and be expected to effectively manage change using an Execution Focused Leadership approach and play a strong leadership role for the global team's BAU and project activities. If you think of yourself as a person with flexibility, nimbleness and a 'can-do' attitude.. then this is the role for you! Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
• Understand and analyze all aspects of monthly/quarterly financials for the EMEA and APAC regions within the Global Asset Management business.
• Produce a broad spectrum of reporting and presentations in conjunction with the India-based team
• Present results in various forums (including board meetings) to senior business leaders, investor relations and the broader Ameriprise finance team
• Develop a deep understanding of financial results across Columbia Threadneedle Investments, including P&L drivers, balance sheet results, business metrics, and other key trends.
• Develop reports and variance analysis, develop "the story" around monthly results and write resulting commentary.
• Identify issues that are worthy of further root cause analysis and determine process/data sources to deal with them including performing more complex data analysis.
• Provide strong thought and process leadership including process improvements and contributing to the globalization of the team
• Review results with VP level business partners, present EMEA & APAC region results and partner to determine critical issues.
• Play a strong role in directing and reviewing work of team members in India and in London.
• Run models and perform complex variance analysis. Develop assumptions by working with business leaders. Present implications to business management.
• Potential to support business results and relationships on an ad-hoc basis by developing deep analysis to determine future implications of business decisions. Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
• Accounting qualification - CIMA, ACCA, ACA
• Previous experience in financial or analytical roles
• Ability to present complex/technical information clearly and concisely to an audience with varying levels of knowledge
• Results focused with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
• Proactive change agent with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and produce high-quality deliverables relative to target dates
• Consistently demonstrates the ability to complete complex detailed financial modeling and analysis using spreadsheets and/or other tools. Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
• Experience working in multi-location teams, including remote management
• Experience of Execution Focused Leadership.
• Experience working with External Reporting and Investor Relations