Art-Invest Real Estate (AIRE) is an experienced investor, developer and asset manager operating across key gateway cities in Germany, Austria and the United Kingdom. Established in 2010 and headquartered in Cologne, the business operates as a private partnership with the Zech Group and the managing partners as shareholders. The group invests and manages on behalf of its proprietary capital, regulated institutional funds and select separate accounts, and actively pursues a ‘manage-to-core’ investment strategy across the risk spectrum. Sector focus is principally in the office, retail, hotel, residential and data areas.
The group has more than €6bn AUM with more than €2bn invested equity, for a range of institutional investors as long-term partners.
AIRE’s UK business has achieved strong business growth since inception with a development pipeline of ca 1.5m sq ft and £1.5bn GDV across central London. With a highly experienced agile team already in place, it is now looking to hire an experienced finance manager.
Your main focus
As a finance manager you will support and manage the current business and planned future growth. You will be primarily responsible for the company’s financial reporting, managing the company’s transactions and general operational finance.
- UK group P&L, while reporting directly to the Managing Director in the UK and Group Head of Controlling & Treasury in Germany
- Supporting UK groups’ operations and property companies’ multi-million budget planning and controlling
- Management of key cross-border financial stakeholders
- Interface to Group P&L Management: financial management for the UK Group companies, operating company strategic business planning, property companies financial controlling, accounting set up for new projects, developing and and documenting accounting policies and procedures
- Transaction support: transaction underwriting for diverse equity sources, debt finance sourcing and execution, foreign exchange and treasury management strategies, joint venture tax and structure set up, transaction accounting and management of financial institutions.
- Leading the monthly and quarterly reporting and presenting to the board
- Statuary filing and tax: Key interface with auditors and tax advisors and collaboration with group functions, ownership of KYC process and financial management of all UK group companies, implementing changes in company law
Your skills and experience
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in financial management related role preferably in the real estate industry; auditor background welcome, e.g. Big4
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent, preferably with a relevant master’s degree
- Good understanding of real estate industry and associated financial management practices
- Deep knowledge of accounting principles and local rules and regulation
- Proficient knowledge of Excel-based financial analysis, forecasting and reporting
- Competence in assessing investment opportunities, good understanding of real estate valuations
- Comfortable working with complex Qualifying Investor Alternative Investment Fund (QIAIF) structures
- Know-how and affinity with AO, IC, Risk and Control processes
- Good management skills, able to motivate and coach a team combined with strong strategic thinking and analytical capabilities
- Strong communication skills in English, as well as in German, both verbal and in writing
This role provides an exciting opportunity to work with highly experienced and driven team and expand multidisciplinary skills. If you believe yourself to be the right fit for the position and are interested in working in a small, entrepreneurial team, please send a full application to Scarlett Lange: SLange@art-invest.uk.
Art-Invest Real Estate Management UK Ltd
1 Red Place Mayfair | W1K 6PL London | www.art-invest.de