Finance Specialist (Part Qual - ACCA or CIMA)
- £50,000 - £60,000 negotiable, based on experience
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Connect Resourcing
- 18 Oct 18
This ground breaking energy business in Central London is seeking to hire a dynamic Part Qualified Financial Specialist to assist with the development and establishment of an extensive set of financial processes and capabilities in line with the businesses rapid growth plans over the coming months and years.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities into the fields of financial reporting to the company management and executive board, general financial accounting and purchase ledger management and re-definition, upgrade and go live of the new accounting IT system (with internal/external assistance).
This is an excellent opportunity for a confident, dynamic, finance professional to establish themselves in a rapidly growing business, becoming a key member of the finance division and developing your skill sets and industry sector knowledge base.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Instrumental to the design, formation and construction of the monthly Board Reporting pack for presentation to Management and Directors
- Provide detailed commentary and analysis in support of the monthly management reporting packs
- Business partner with project operations and functional leads; provide robust monthly cost centre & business unit reports, reviews and analysis
- Play a key role in developing budgets, forecast and reforecast
- Work closely with budget holders, tracking spend v. budget and explain variance drivers
- Monthly analysis and review of assigned balance sheet accounts
- Payments administration in respect of account payable invoices and other payments
- Manage and run the Purchase Ledger, including resolution of queries, ensuring that all due payments are made on time
- Assist in the preparation of cash flow forecasts, monthly VAT returns and annual financial statements
- Provide financial information to the wider finance team to support the monthly financial close process
- Assist with actual systems and procedures development, including development of effective internal controls in line with established best practice
- Assist the Financial Controller with preparation for the year-end audit including production of year end schedules
- Assist in the planning and preparations for operational readiness
- Support and assist with the definition of the new accounting system IT requirements
- Assist with the implementation of the new accounting IT system and act as a key user/tester during integration and testing phase (pre go-live)
Ideal qualifications, skill sets and experience:
- Professional experience in Accounting services (Audit, Tax, Financial Reporting) ideally within on of the Big4 Accounting firms.
- CIMA or ACCA part qualified
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Good and reliable experience with SAGE 200 and SAP
- Advanced Excel and Power point skills
- Excellent time-management skills, the ability to plan ahead, prioritise workload whilst working to Company deadlines
- Has a continuous improvement mindset, strives to achieve efficiency and process improvements
- A dynamic team player, with a collaborative work ethic and a ‘can-do’ approach to tasks
If you have the relevant energy background or career experience skill sets, and would like to know more about the above opportunity, then please apply now.
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3-5 days of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date.