Finance, Tax Compliance, Analyst/Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Oct 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB FINANCE
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Within the Frankfurt Tax Department, we are seeking an analyst or associate to work with senior Goldman Sachs tax professionals to enhance the Tax Department support of the Goldman Sachs EMEA business divisions. In addition further assistance will be required in the area of EMEA Corporate Tax and VAT compliance. The role is extremely broad and will require you to build on your existing tax knowledge to assist the team, as well as working on other ad hoc projects.
Corporate Tax and VAT Compliance:
- Provide advice on corporate taxes and VAT;
- Responsibility for preparation and submission of tax returns and tax declarations, supervising deadlines as well as payments and refunds, correspondence with tax authorities for the Goldman Sachs entities and branches in Germany and other Continental European countries;
- Support tax audits in Germany and other Continental European entities and branches;
- Providing support to other members of the EMEA tax department on tax accounting and compliance matters;
- US tax reporting for Continental European entities and branches;
- Advise on Transfer Pricing and ensure compliance with local rules and regulations on existing and new activities and services;
- Prepare and maintain documentation to support tax processes undertaken in the Continental European offices and branches
- Business advice:
- Support business units on corporate tax and VAT questions;
- Participate in workgroups and projects
The successful candidate:
- Is in possession of a university degree preferably with Tax as main subject and a relevant tax knowledge gained through work experience as a tax accountant, tax lawyer or a member of the tax department in the financial industry. International tax experience is beneficial.
- Fluency in English and German
- Very good work-organization and high attention to detail
- Team player, excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with a strong client service attitude
- Microsoft Office skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.