Finance & MI Reporting Associate
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International (MUSI) is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
Overview of the Department/Section:
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with 1,100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees, offering services including corporate banking, commercial banking, retail banking, wealth management, investment banking, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.
The Group’s operating companies include Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan’s leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s largest securities firms.
MUFG conducts securities business internationally through its overseas subsidiaries Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International plc, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) Inc., Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Hong Kong), Ltd. and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Singapore), Ltd. With each member of the group working in partnership with one another, MUFG provides best in class service and products to corporate and institutional clients.
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International (MUSI) is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. Due to the diverse nature of our business we require a clear unifying vision for all of our people. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
The Information and Data Management (IDM) department is responsible for data management and MI production across all international subsidiaries of MUSHD. The mandate for the department is to:
• Develop a business led, technology enabled data strategy and roadmap for delivery of data management target state
• Develop a data governance framework and establish data related policies and procedures to improve the value of data as an enterprise asset
• Source, validate and maintain master data repositories of market and reference data
• Agree data quality standards with business owners and track metrics and continuously improve data processes
• Investigate and analyse data issues, identify the root cause and recommend control improvements
• Develop and support an MI platform optimised for the aggregation of data and the reporting of processed and analysed information
• Deliver accurate, timely and insightful MI to the international business to support executive decision making and to meet statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
The team operates internationally with staff currently based in London and New York.
Main purpose of the role:
We have an exciting opportunity within our London Information Management reporting team.
We are looking for a self-starter who is willing to challenge the existing processes and is brave to think big when driving new initiatives. A candidate who is motivated by change, new information and challenges, but who is also dedicated to daily BAU tasks. As we are a relatively small team in a small-size bank, the new person will be heavily involved in daily activities, ad-hoc requests and project initiatives. Daily activities will range from reviewing reconciliation reports and raising issues with relevant stakeholders, calculating and posting adjustments, performing P&L reviews, distributing daily and periodic consolidated P&L and Finance Reports. Ad-hoc requests will come from our senior colleagues in FO, Product Control and even directly from CFO. Project initiatives are vast and range from re-engineering or automating current processes or getting involved in firm wide MI related projects. And we are also continuing on growing our own Data Warehouse – a one stop shop for all our MI needs.
Through involvement in strategic projects and broader governance initiatives, there will also be an opportunity to contribute to the development of the reporting and data management infrastructure and over-arching data governance models.
As the broader IDM team is in the unique position of covering the delivery of Management Information across Finance and Risk areas, there will be potential to broaden experience with exposure to daily production and processes across Product Control, Finance and Risk departments.
• Preparation of various management, committee and Board packs, including regulation data packs, management accounts and daily Consolidated P&L, for delivery to senior stakeholders across the international business.
• Liaison with key stakeholders in Product Control, Risk and Finance across the international business.
• Preparation and analysis of daily P&L and regulatory metrics reports for onward dissemination to Product Control and Risk for further analysis, including identification and resolution of upstream data and system issues through close liaison with data management and technology teams.
• Implementing effective process controls and process re-engineering through involvement in strategic projects.
• Automate and/or work with the IDM Development team to reduce/improve manual reporting processes and optimize existing reports.
Skills and experience:
• A minimum of 2:1 (or equivalent) Bachelors degree
• CFA, ACA or CIMA qualification desirable, but not required
• Associate level experience in a Risk, Product Control or Finance MI
• Familiarity with key financial concepts, including performance measurement and risk metrics
• Experience of working with stakeholders of all levels
• Proficient with Excel/VBA
• Experience with BI/reporting tools such as Business Objects and with Oracle desirable.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Pro-active, motivated with the ability to operate with urgency while prioritising work accordingly
• Strong analytical/numerical skills
• The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment