Finance and Operations Permanent vacancy Open to any of the UK offices in London, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle, Glasgow Professional services organisation
Your role as Finance & Operations Lead
- Supporting the Head of Finance & Assurance on the development of enhanced costing and pricing tools, thereby enhancing the organisations commercial capability.
- Leading high-level analyses of revenue, direct and indirect costs for decision-making, bidding, business cases and options appraisals.
- Developing financial forecasting models and scenario plans.
- Support the team in designing and measuring financial impact measures for the Charity.
Financial systems and reporting:
- Support the Head of Finance & Assurance with the preparation of the annual report and accounts and audit process.
- Manage the preparation of accurate and reliable financial reports that show the relationships between financial and non-financial measures, KPIs and return on investment.
- Develop, document and maintain finance policies, procedures and processes, and train staff and other stakeholders in their interpretation and implementation.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of a successful resourcing model, working across the whole team and operation;
- Lead the implementation of more efficient working practices to deliver the desired outcomes from the resourcing model;
- Manage the reporting process for forecast resource capacity and work with managers to maximise the utilisation of employee time in line with agreed measures.
- Contributing to a wide variety of projects and initiatives including strategic finance reviews by third parties and helping where needed.
- Undertaking financial due diligence reviews of potential partners, funders or contractors, where required, and advising on the financial due diligence processes required.
Experience and Knowledge
What you will bring to the Foundation is your demonstrable experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Professional status being a qualified management accountant with proven commercial acumen
- At least one year of post qualification experience
- Designing and implementing sustainable business solutions through the use of a range of business systems and technologies
- Experience of working on resourcing includiding managing and coordinating all aspects of the resourcing requests
- Delivering excellent customer service, to internal or external customers or service users
- Working in a delivery-focused organisation
- Developing professional or technical qualitative improvement
- High degree of planning and organisation skills
- High proficiency of IT skills including MS Office suite
- Delivering against a portfolio of projects/tasks effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Highly motivated, attention to detail and able to prioritise
- Highly collaborative, enjoys being part of a team; approachable and adaptable;
- Ability to foster positive relationships with a range of people
- Collaboration and flexibility in your team working, whilst also being able to work with minimum supervision
- Strong and evidenced commitment to diversity
- Strong commitment to improve the working lives and prospects of disadvantaged young people in the UK