Finance and Risk Transformation Consultant - Investment Banking
- Salary:£60,000 - £80,000
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:13 Aug 18
Finance and Risk transformation, Finance change, Back Office Transformation, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA, Financial Management, Ledger, Product Control, FRTB, Regulatory Change, MiFiD, CCAR, Volcker, Basel, IFRS 9, Market Risk, Credit Risk,
For this reputable consulting firm we are looking for strong Finance and Risk transformation individuals to join a rapidly growing Financial Management Practice. In Financial Management there are over 150 professionals dedicated to Back Office Transformation improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the core control and reporting functions including Finance and Risk, Treasury and Operations and generating real insights to help deliver value to the business.
The Financial Management team is structured into the following capabilities:
- Finance Strategy & Transformation (FS&T) – Finance and Risk function strategy & vision, Target Operating Model (TOM) Design planning and implementation Regulatory driven change (including IFRS 9 and Fundamental review of Trading Book)
- Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) – Performance reporting, cost & profitability, data analytics, planning budgeting & forecasting;
- Efficient Finance Operations (EFO) – Finance function cost & process optimization, robotics & cognitive technologies, shared service & outsourcing.
- In Banking, financial institutions are facing a period of unprecedented regulatory change in terms of the number of new initiatives, their complexity and the interplay between different regulations. In addition we are seeing continued cost pressures.
The Financial Management Banking practice works with leading Investment and Retail Banks, focusing primarily on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their Finance & Risk functions. The key drivers of change for our Banking clients are Regulatory Reform, Cost Reduction and Risk Transformation.
Core / Necessary responsibilities:
- Support engagement set up and management to ensure all required Risk Management process and procedure is adhered to and project risks and issues are properly identified, managed and escalated as needed
- Support project/ work stream lead to shape the approach to projects, develop work plans and reporting status against plan
- Support the design / build / implementation of Target Operating Models;
- Create high quality outputs , including presentations, draft reports, cost benefit analysis, data analysis
- Generate business requirements using business and analytical skills to develop supporting artefacts, e.g. business process maps
- Building and maintaining client relationships.
Core / Necessary skills & experience:
- Experience within at least one of the Financial Management capability offerings;
- Consulting experience and skills advantageous
- Banking sector experience (i.e. broker dealer, inter- dealer broker, investment , retail ); whether in BAU or change role
- Strong analytical, numerical and Microsoft Office skills;
- Accountancy qualification – ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent (or in process of taking final exams);
Additional skills and experience:
- Project based experience working across several aspects of a finance or Risk function function;
- Knowledge of Finance and/or Risk data systems; finance software systems;
- Finance and Risk function target operating model and framework development and implementation experience;
- Good understanding of regulatory landscape impacting Banking sector
- Banking Product knowledge and experience of front to back trade flows, business process and controls
- Worked on Finance and Risk transformation programs and engaged in Change, in particular FRTB, Basel 4,MiFID 2 is desirable
- IFRS 9 experience desirable
- Impairment process experience desirable
- Knowledge of robotics and cognitive technologies.