We are now recruiting for a well-known blue-chip global investment management firm, who are looking to add a fully-qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Financial Accountant on an initial 1-year fixed-term contract. Candidates would ideally be coming from the investment management sector but other sectors within financial services will be considered. The successful applicant must have experience reporting for regulated entities under IFRS and be available on a short or immediate notice period (max. 1 month)
- Fully-qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) candidate with solid post-qualified experience from the investment management sector or wider financial services
- Ideally looking for a candidate with initial training from a Big 4 or top 20 practice firm (but our client will also consider ACCA or CIMA candidates with relevant experience
- Experience working with regulated entities
- Well-rounded skill set that includes management and financial accounting experience, along with budgeting, forecasting and stakeholder management
- Immediately available or available on a short notice period (max. 1 month)
Responsible for the accurate and timely financial accounting and control for various legal entities, including periodic reporting to the management and shareholders of the Group in accordance with all relevant local and Group management and statutory reporting requirements.
- Preparation of accurate and timely accounting and reporting for one or more entities, including entity specific activities.
- Accounting for certain expense and investment result entries.
- Monthly reporting includes the production of Group management accounting, including analytical review and commentary.
- Quarterly reporting includes the production of the Group financial accounting pack.
- Preparation of forecast and budget data.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and audit file for external audit. Liaison with auditors.
- Co-ordination of Monthly Accounts Pack, including preparation of intercompany and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Participation in ad hoc projects, including development of controls and processes, from UK and IFRS financial accounting and reporting and regulatory perspectives.
- To support the head of department and assist where necessary (e.g. key business departmental and other stakeholder relationships).