Responsible for the accurate and timely financial accounting and control for one or more of the legal entities within the UK and Ireland including periodic reporting to the management and the Board in accordance with all relevant local, Group management and statutory reporting requirements.
- Preparation of accurate and timely accounting and reporting for one or more entities including entity specific activities and participating in the preparation of the VAT return for the AXA IM UK group.
- Accounting for certain expense and investment result entries.
- Monthly reporting includes the production of AXA IM group management accounting, including analytical review and commentary.
- Quarterly reporting includes the production of the AXA Group (Magnitude) financial accounting pack.
- Preparation of forecast and budget data.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and audit file for external audit. Liaison with auditors
- Co-ordination of Monthly Accounts Pack, including preparation of intercompany and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of FCA/CBI financial returns
- Participation in ad hoc projects, including development of controls and processes, from UK and IFRS financial accounting and reporting and regulatory perspectives.
- To support the Head of Accounting & Reporting and assist where necessary, e.g. key business departmental and other stakeholder relationships.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Financial accounting experience, preferably in the financial services industry
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in use of core software packages, preferably to an advanced level (experience of CODA and/or Magnitude would be an added advantage)
- Good spreadsheet techniques
- Proven technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with good attention to detail.
- Team player
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to successfully resolve the conflicting priorities of projects and routine tasks
- Able to communicate and influence at all levels within the Company