Financial Accounting Advisory - Banking - Senior Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
Job Title: Financial Accounting Advisory - Banking - Senior Manager Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services ("FAAS") team is looking for an experienced Banking Senior Manager. The team specialises in accounting support, assistance in compliance with regulatory standards, implementation of new accounting standards and providing accounting experience during financial due diligence and public offerings.
Within EY, FAAS operates across a global network and in the UK has a dedicated team focusing on Financial Services clients. We are looking to recruit high calibre, experienced individuals who have an excellent understanding of the market, a strong technical skillset and relevant work experience which they have an ability to advise clients on. With us, you will develop your technical and market knowledge further and also understand how a large variety of different businesses operate. You will be able to work on a variety of projects, have greater flexibility and excellent career progression opportunities.
FAAS is a growing market area and we are the market leader in what we do, evidenced by the large number of accounting change and conversion engagements we have won with a wide range of FS clients.
What you will do:
- Manage and build key client relationships within the Banking sector
- Identify and develop opportunities with new and existing clients
- Manage the key stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally, for a portfolio of client engagements
- Lead teams to produce and deliver high standard client deliverables
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members
- Perform training and develop service offerings in Insurance sector specialisms
- ACA/ACCA accountancy qualification (or equivalent) with extensive financial services experience particularly Banking experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of regulation, compliance and operating practices
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS 9, UK GAAP or US GAAP, IFRS 9, FinRep, CoRep, Basel III, ICAAP reviews, Other technical accounting matters -IFRS 15 for banks, MIFID and PRIPs
- Assertive and proactive approach to the delivery and implementation of projects
- Strong understanding of financial reporting process and controls
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients
- A quick learner with analytical capability and attention to detail, who is adaptable
- Ability to utilise research effectively and explain complex subjects in a clear and concise manner
- Team management and leadership skills with an entrepreneurial flair
- The ability to work under own initiative and in many different and challenging environments
- Ability to identify sales opportunities and lead the business development process
- Open to travel assignments
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.