Financial Analyst - AI Startup
- Competitive starting salary
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Apr 19
This is highly rewarding opportunity for an ambitious graduate who loves financial markets to join a AI / Machine learning company that solves some of the biggest problems hedge funds, fund managers and investment banks face using AI and financial domain knowledge.
As a recent graduate working for a top investment bank, a hedge fund or an asset manager your objective is to accumulate as many skills as possible and rise fast to become a decision maker, to have an impact. Your peers are doing exactly that in a “non-institutional framework”. Are you actually accumulating all the skills ? Are you doing work you can see yourself doing for 3-5 years as it’s a growth area? Does it involve any technology? Do the people you work for inspire you? Are you receiving the mentorship you deserve? If you are not then you are seriously falling behind your peers. It’s time to do something about it.
At Arkera, you will help with markets strategy and product development, a role that is critical to the company and has an immediate impact. You will build out the “next generation” of market intelligence solutions which are cognitive in nature. Our clients are the biggest hedge funds, fund managers and investment banks and the asset classes we are focused on at the moment are fixed income, FX and equities.
You will get a chance to work closely with the Co-CEO’s and other ex-hedge fund traders, economists, machine learning scientists and software engineers. We are a small company with serious markets, domain and tech experience. Come kickstart your career on us !
What you will do 🚀
- Working closely with the markets strategy team in researching market intelligence for our platform. This team consists of strategists and traders from top investment banks and hedge funds
- Learning to generate global markets intelligence from machine learning processes and investment stories by tapping the team’s knowledge and financial network
- Learning to “own” processes that will help generate markets intelligence, responsibility that takes years to obtain at financial institutions
This job is perfect if you 👍
- Want to leapfrog your peers - your exposure will be exponential relative to your peers
- Understand and want to be part of the next generation of technologies and be connected to markets
- Love markets and want to contribute to decision making as soon as possible. You must be deeply curious and love research
- Have the ability to quickly grasp and understand new business systems
- Have the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and take ownership of tasks
- Have a deep interest in using technology to disrupt financial markets
- Economics or Finance academic background
- Previous work experience in a market-focused role (analyst, trader, PM, equity/currency/bond sales, economist, etc.)
- Experience as a summer/off-cycle equity market analyst / researcher / sales
What you will get 🎁
- Very competitive starting salary
- Clear career progression and mentorship from very senior players in the industry
- Remote working option - on Wednesdays you can work from anywhere!
- Free breakfast, coffees, beers and drinks, ping pong tables and many other WeWork perks. Discounted gym membership and regular team social events
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen and one or two on-site interviews, depending on your convenience and availability. The process usually takes about 1 week in total but our fastest hire was in just 24 hours!!! 🏃
We have an awesome private office at WeWork South Bank Central!