- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 15 Jul 18
Financial Analyst # 113955
The SPE Administration Team is responsible for handling the reputational risk exposure of Credit Suisse in respect of the Special Purpose Entities (SPEs). Whilst these are run by external and independent administrators. CS sponsored these entities and maintains "arms-length" links to them usually via the provision of services commissioned by the Directors and Administrators.
We monitor approximately 1800 entities on a global basis. EMEA based SPEs tend to be note issuance vehicles. Credit Suisse is the valuation agent on a number of note issuance SPEs and is obliged to provide note valuations (annual & semi-annual in some cases) to the Administrators. These note valuations will form part of the SPEs annual Financial Documents. There are about 50 entities with 750 active notes issuance series.
In addition some SPEs are required to report on a quarterly basis to the European Central Bank.
We provide Administrators with note valuations for SPEs in order for them to prepare annual and semi-annual accounts and provide information for them to meet the ECB quarterly reporting requirements. The role requires an individual with strong analytical skills and the ability to take responsibility for the key deliverables.
- Calculation of structured note prices, using pricing model and other data sources
- Analytical review on prices produced
- Obtain FO sign-off on structured note price prior to distribution
- Interaction with Trading and Marketing on pricing issues
- Delivery of prices within tight pre-agreed deadline on annual, semi-annual and quarterly basis
- Taking care of pricing queries and ad-hoc pricing requests from Administrators, Auditors and Product Control
- Processing of invoices relating to SPEs
- Monitoring and providing ad-hoc management information
- Project work on continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Involvement in new application testing and launch
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects in wider SPE Administration group
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Experience in a professional services environment
- You will have practical and/or theoretical knowledge of Financial Accounting with the ambition to complete a professional accountancy qualification
- Ideally you will have advanced Excel level
- Practical and/or theoretical knowledge of SPEs and derivatives
- Teammate with good interpersonal and communication skills
- You should be able to work with a mixture of staff at various levels
- Confirmed ability to meet stringent deadlines without compromising controls
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- You will be driven, dedicated and have excellent organisational skills
- You will have attention to detail and be able to work on own initiative
- Ability to engage with people on a professional level and drive a relationship