Financial Control Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent , Full time
- 16 Jul 18
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Accountable for financial control activities across Business Units, including:
Support month end & monthly forecasting process
Conduct comprehensive balance sheet reviews with all geographies & document associated risk and opportunities
Implement Minimum Controls Framework
Manage outsourced shared services function that provides accounts payable & T&E audits, through effective review of SLA's and KPI's
Review accounts receivable ledger & support geographies in collecting overdue debt
Look for opportunities to improve existing finance process through business process re-engineering
Drive application of consistent Financial Control processes and accounting principles where appropriate
Ensure high level of financial governance, control & compliance is maintained within transactional activities & compliance requirements running smoothly
Undertake/manage development of appropriate systems & controls to enable efficient production of financial information, free from manual adjustments allowing "one version of the truth"
Skills & Experience:
Qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) with experience in working in a Financial Controller role
Advanced excel skills is essential
High level of technical accounting competence
System & process improvement experience across multiple sites
Experience of working in a multinational company with multiple markets
Strong communication skills with proven experience in liaising across teams on a global scale
Proactive mentality to drive improvements across teams with the ability to effectively lead others to success
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture