- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 23 Sep 17
- Location: London , United Kingdom
- Area of expertise: Finance
- Organization: ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
At a glance
The UK Finance department undertakes a complex role, in particular due to regulatory requirements. There is a strong element of dependency on the ABN AMRO group functions in terms of governance, systems and controls and therefore the required level of co-ordination and communication with Head Office as well as the combination of monthly business as usual and project tasks, requires on going focus and attention to detail.
You will be responsible for the financial accounting for all units managed by UK Finance in London. Building strong work relationships with key internal customers especially cost centre managers and head office are key to this role. The UK has planned growth strategy and the post holder will have a key role in this and the accounting schemes for new products. The consolidation of data and enrichment using information held outside of the traditional finance systems in respect of reporting to regulators.
- help drive forward the improvement to quality and consistency of financial information and financial control within UK Finance.
- be responsible for the financial accounting for all units managed by UK Finance in London.
- build strong work relationships with key internal customers especially cost centre managers and head office.
- the UK has planned growth strategy and you will have a key role in this and the accounting schemes for new products.
- the consolidation of data and enrichment using information held outside of the traditional finance systems in respect of reporting to regulators.
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is a Dutch Bank offering a full range of services to retail, private, commercial and merchant banking clients. We are also active internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Lease, Commercial Finance and Clearing. The culture we aim for within the Bank is one in which we strive to strengthen our clients' position. Our success is based on the client's success. We want clients to perceive us as trusted, professional and ambitious - our core values. At ABN AMRO UK we follow the Banks global strategy. We always aim to put our customers first and to create sustainable, long-term value for all our stakeholders - customers, shareholders, employees and society at large; it is our people that we rely on to help us achieve this ambition. We concentrate on our strategic priorities:
- Client focus
- Invest in our future
- Maintain a moderate risk profile
- Selectively grow our businesses
- Improve profitability
- Corporate and Institutional Banking - which includes Corporate Banking, Capital Market Solutions - Sales & Trading, Clearing and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Commercial Finance and Leasing
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Qualified with PQE preferably with experience of working in a fast moving financial services environment
- Good understanding and working knowledge of IFRS accounting principles
- Experience with regulatory reporting would be desirable (FCA and BOE reporting experience)
- Experience of financial accounting in a medium / large Group environment
- Magnitude / SAP reporting package especially in a subsidiary environment is desirable
- Experience of Group consolidations and the importance of inter-company management
- Competencies to include excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to engage with all levels of staff and with both front office and back office along with clear evidence of report writing in English. Committed team player, able to manage competing priorities and challenge the 'status quo'. Risk awareness with the ability to take initiative to control and mitigate the risks. Works well under pressure of strict timelines, can resolve unexpected difficulties and takes pride to always deliver. A professional who keeps an overview of the financial control issues of the legal entity and also has the ability and to analyse and resolve matters at a more detailed level. Strong Excel.
What we offer
Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, where flexibility is highly appreciated. We encourage you to grow and develop as a person and as an employee.
Are you interested? Please apply via the button below.For more information please contact Niki Champion, Onsite Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org , +44 203 192 9342.