- GBP300 - GBP350 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 19 Sep 17
M&G Investments is Prudential plc's UK based fund management business and is one of Europe's leading active asset managers with more than £275.0 billion* of funds under management across fixed income, equity, property and multi-asset strategies for clients across Europe and Asia. M&G has been an active manager of investments for individual and institutional clients for over 80 years.
- Fully understand the Group FUM reporting process and complete quarterly, monthly tasks to the agreed timelines.
- Monthly New Business Reporting highlighting new business by M&G asset categories.
- Regulatory reporting including FCA FUM returns, Statutory reporting, Marketing FUM and SEC FUM (US return) for Compliance.
- Provide top service to all stakeholders, develop strong working relationships and partner up with colleagues in other business areas to build robust end to end processes.
- Understand the different M&G Business units (BU) and client types.
- Challenge existing processes and procedures, identify ways to improve and see them through to implementation.
- Contribute to the development of useful MI as part of quarterly KPI/MI update to Finance.
- Production of on-going documentation of quarterly FUM reporting process
- FUM analysis and commentary for board reports including explanation of FUM movements by review of market movements and flow data.
- Design and create additional reports in Business Objects for distribution to key stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders to enrich FUM database with further data such as flows, regulatory, cross investments, internal investments etc.
Requirements and Experience
- An in-depth knowledge of fund structures, products and instruments.
- Operational/Fund Accounting experience within Investment Banking or Investment Management.
- A strong track record of being able to work to challenging deadlines with accuracy.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical, innovative and organised with ability to present results.
- Ability to justify and defend proposed approaches.
- An ability to identify problems and drive to follow them through to resolution.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders across the business.
- Needs initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Inquisitive with desire to understand every aspect of role.
- Strong prioritisation and influencing skills with an ability to manage differing requirements from multiple clients.
The role is ideally suited to someone who can demonstrate the following:
- A recognised Finance Industry qualification; eg IMC, CFA etc or equivalent experience
- Asset management and or Investment banking experience.
- At least 2-3 years post qualified accountant with a recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA).
- Working with Stakeholders and people at different levels.
- Strong Excel Skills.