- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Proactive Investors
- 15 Dec 17 2017-12-15
Proactive Investors Summary
In the UK alone, there are just over 2,000 publicly quoted companies on the London Stock Exchange, with approximately half quoted on the MAIN Market and half on AIM. Each of these companies have to ensure that their publicly traded stock is being fairly traded through the dissemination of accurate account of their performance that allows investors to determine whether they are a good investment. Proactive Investor Group Holdings Ltd (“Proactiveinvestors” or “Proactive”) is the longest established online platform providing investors with live news and commentary in order to make informed choices. The Platform serves as a bridge allowing investors to gather market intelligence directly from companies.
Proactive has been profitable since start-up ten years ago and has grown impressively to date; it has recently secured significant investment from a venture capital fund.
Proactiveinvestors is now looking for a Financial Controller to oversee and manage the day to day processes of the finance function as we expand. This is an opportunity for a qualified and competent finance professional looking to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
Proactiveinvestors has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. Systems, processes and structures are being put in place along with migrating all the finance and accounting onto the Xero platform. As the Company grows both in terms of revenue, offices and staff, there is a requirement for more “firepower” in the Finance Department.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Reporting to the Part Time Finance Director of Proactiveinvestors, the Financial Controller will have the following responsibilities:
- Management of the day-to-day financial processes – including invoicing*, HMRC liaison*, maintenance of group ledger account* and oversight of commission payments*
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting.
- Ad hoc project support
Skills and Experience required
- UK Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience of UK GAAP and IFRS with knowledge of latest accounting developments
- Very strong communicator
- Ability to work towards deadlines and self-prioritize
- High degree of Excel proficiency
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Full eligibility to work in the UK
Whilst not essential, the following would also be an advantage:
- Experience in using Xero
- Understanding of the equity cash markets, stock markets and exchanges
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 21 December 2017