A fantastic opportunity for an experienced finance professional to join the growing finance function of a global Asset Management business in the City. This person will be reporting directly to the Head of Finance EMEA Region and responsible for statutory reporting, management reporting, regulatory reporting, tax compliance for all EMEA entities.
- Consolidation, GAAP accounting and audits
- Financial control month-end/year-end processes management
- Treasury management
- Financial planning, reporting and decision support
- Regulatory and tax compliance/reporting
Detailed activities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure meeting the monthly, quarterly, annual reporting requirements to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and/or validate of all journal entries and produce and/or review balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Produce Board pack including management accounts together with commentaries on the variances on a monthly basis.
- Prepare 12-month rolling forecasted Income statement, Cash flow Statement and capital position on a monthly basis.
- Oversight of Treasury function and liquidity reporting.
- Production of bi-monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns (Corporation tax, VAT, Withholding tax.) for various jurisdictions within EMEA region.
- Production and submission of bi-annual and quarterly regulatory returns to FCA and CBI.
- Production of GAAP compliant financial statements, audit schedules, tax computations etc. in order to manage the internal and external audit process effectively.
- Understanding of Transfer Pricing methodologies and implementation of appropriate accounting treatment
- Ensure adherence to the Group financial control and treasury policies.
- Production of the firm’s annual ICAAP reporting requirements, preparation of finance supplement of the ICAAP covering 5-yearly projected Income statement, Balance sheet, and statement of Capital position including work on stress tests.
- Provide full support to the Head of Finance, Group HQ and UK Board including effective execution of ad-hoc tasks.
- Assist in management of other team members
- Proven experience in the Financial Services industry preferably in a multi-currency environment within an Asset Management firm.
- Ability to work with tight reporting deadlines across all financial disciplines (e.g. Accounts, Tax, Treasury).
- In depth understanding of Corporation Tax returns, VAT, VIES, BOP etc. for the UK and various other jurisdictions.
- Technical knowledge of UK and Irish GAAP (essential), US GAAP (preferable). Other GAAP / IFRS experience an advantage.
- Experience/understanding of regulatory regimes, quantitative planning techniques and Risk reporting.
- Highly developed Excel skills, including financial modelling
- Experience of handling finance projects from start to finish
- Workday experience an advantage
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Team player
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Resilient, can work under pressure
- Must be a qualified Accountant
- Professional Finance Qualification (ACA / ACCA)