We are recruiting a Financial Controller on behalf of a boutique investment management firm. The role is to provide financial, commercial and analytical support to the Chief Financial Officer as part of a broad remit. It's an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant who's made their first step into the industry to progress into a broad role with great scope for learning and development.
The appointee will undertake a broad range of responsibilities that will range from the more fundamental and routine to value-added commercial analysis - the successful candidate will comfortable with all aspects of the role. You will provide direct support to the Chief Financial Officers on most day-to-day matters across investments, operations, financial reporting, tax, compliance and audit. Example responsibilities include:
- ensuring strong financial controls are in place;
- maintenance and management of cash flows, liquidity and bank accounts;
- monitoring investment portfolio performance;
- research and analysis of investment opportunities;
- production of regular performance and financial reports;
- ad-hoc financial and tax analysis;
- supporting the annual audit process;
- liaising with tax advisors; and
- ensuring various tax and regulatory filing obligations are met in a timely and accurate manner.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (from either an audit, tax, or corporate finance background) who's made their first move into industry and is looking to progress into a broader role.