Our client is a global asset manager with offices in ten countries which has been highly successful, particularly in recent years. It is expanding in terms of AUM and geographies and the firm needs to appoint a Financial Controller to the London office in response to this growth.
The appointee will undertake a broad role that will oversee the corporate accounting. You will also play a key role in supporting the deal team on transactions. Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly Executive pack including management accounts
- Provding transaction support to the investment team on European deals
- Helping to manage the deal funding process and working closely with the Tax DIrector
- Undertake annual budget process as well as periodic forecasts in conjunction with budget owners. Hold budget owners to account on spend
- Statutory reporting and audits for the London adviser entity as well as UK investment company holding companies
- Act as a key liaison with Group Finance, IT and HR and ensure consistency of application of Group policies and procedures
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as required, such as specific management information requests
- Continuous review of processes to ensure best-in-class control and efficiency
- In conjunction with the Tax team, provide ad-hoc transaction support for UK-based acquisitions and disposals, including treasury and up/down streaming
The successful applicant must be a qualified accountant, working in a financial control or senior financial accounting capacity. You must work within either asset management or a private equity, real estate or infrastructure fund. We might also consider a very strong candidate from another financial services business.