Clearmatics is a B2B fintech startup that designs, develops and operates member-owned and member-governed digital cash settlement systems. Founded in 2015 as a London-based Ethereum R&D company, our mission is to reform market infrastructure by disrupting the common denominator across almost every market: cash settlement in fiat currency. We are scaling rapidly and looking to hire a 'Financial Controller - regulatory and reporting' to join our Operations team and work closely our Head of Finance & Operations and senior management team.
You are a team player, comfortable working under your own steam and are used to working in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
As our Financial Controller, you will support our Head of Finance & Operations with the primary focus of providing financial expertise and advice on current and future regulatory requirements for Clearmatics' entities.
You will be a self-starter, pragmatic with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, as well as a strong sense of 'what good looks like'. You will thrive in a fast-paced and self-learning environment and contribute well in a team setting.
In this role, you will:
- Have day-to-day responsibility for the financial operations of the company, from payroll to AP/AR to reporting.
- Support the build-out of automated reporting solutions to ensure swift responses internally and compliance with regulators.
- Supporting the Head of Finance & Operations in the delivery of the company audits, providing technical expertise on GAAP/accounting treatment and disclosures.
- Manage the delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual management and regulatory reporting information.
- Have oversight of all the regulatory reporting for the Company and senior liaison with the regulators on PSR,EMR, and capital and liquidity issues.
- Research, implement and advise internally on changes to regulatory rules to Company entities.
- Be responsible for having a good understanding of, and applying regulatory rules to support new business initiatives; advising on capital and liquidity requirements.
- Deliver regular monitoring and forecasting of company balance sheet and growth with particular focus on liquidity and capital structure.
- Be senior liaison with the regulators on capital and liquidity issues.
- Support business with ad hoc requests and business review follow ups.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills - able to articulate what "good" looks like.
- Qualified Accountant with 5+ years PQE and first-time passes (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Very strong experience of accounting and financial analysis in a financial services environment.
- Expert-level Excel (your peers should consider you an SME) and good knowledge of the broader MS Office suite.
- Experience in regulatory reporting, including the design and implementation of a reporting framework (PSR and EMR in particular).
- A strong bias towards automation.
- Calm, diplomatic and professional at all times.
- Flexible, with the ability to pre-empt and manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of databases, including basic queries.
- Degree qualified, in either a STEM subject or in Economics.
- Consultancy experience on FCA examinations - experience with dealing with the FCA and their inquiries.
- Expert knowledge of UK /International GAAP/IFRS and accounting best practice.
- Knowledge of Prudential rules.
- Basic treasury experience with managing large cash balances (e.g. investing in short term liquidity investments).
NICE TO HAVES
- Interest in digital currency.
- Demonstrable interest in blockchain technology.
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment.
- Working knowledge of a programming language.
WHAT WE VALUE AT CLEARMATICS
- Collaboration and respect.
- Honesty & Humility.
- Ability to challenge opinions with logic and evidence.
- Willingness to work hard and solve hard problems.
- Passion for distributed technology, cryptography, and their implications for society.
- Continuous improvement and learning.
ERKS AND BENEFITS
- Central London location in bright, spacious offices.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working and possibility to work remotely.
- Relocation assistance.
- Company pension.
- Professional development - annual individual Learning & Development budget.
- Monthly Friday company meeting with pizza and beers.
- "Show and Tell" sessions - knowledge sharing across teams.
- Great kitchen filled with your favorite British specialties.
- Join a fast-growing, game-changing, FinTech company ;)