Job Title: Financial Crime - Transaction Monitoring Lead Corporate Title: Vice President Department: Compliance - Financial Crime (LCC) Location: London
Job Title: Financial Crime - Transaction Monitoring Lead
Corporate Title: Vice President
Department: Compliance - Financial Crime (LCC)
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
The EMEA Compliance function is searching for an experienced Transaction Monitoring Lead to work in the London based team.
This role will require a sound understanding of the Transaction Monitoring end to end process Risks and typologies and will be required to support EMEA Compliance management on all TM related matters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The role holder will be expected to drive standards in Transaction Monitoring through:
- Management of the Transaction Monitoring process end to end
- Overseeing the delivery of technological solutions including owning the UAT approach
- Designing, configuring, testing and implementing automated Transaction Monitoring rules aligned to our Transaction Monitoring risk assessments
- Performing Model effectiveness reviews producing recommendations for action
- Driving the implementation of approved recommendations
- Developing data quality tests and implementing data quality and capability MI
- Overseeing the offshore alert handling team - being the central point for any queries
- Performing QA of alert handling
- Tracking, reviewing and escalating metrics and reporting to identify Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Key Risk Indicators (KRI) to management and other key stakeholders.
- Conduct initial analysis of transactions using internal/external research tools in order to assess and determine if the transactions seem plausible or if there is reasonable suspicion that the transaction involves money laundering.
- Working with colleagues in the wider Financial Crime Team with respect to identifying suspicious or unusual transactions, non-compliant activity or increased compliance risk.
- Accurately document rationale for case closure or escalation as appropriate.
- Determine if additional enquiries are required and escalate as appropriate for non/low quality responses.
- Preparation of customer transaction analysis summaries on request.
- Participate in cross-functional compliance meetings.
- Ensure close communication and information sharing with global compliance colleagues
- Participate in ongoing development of the Transaction Monitoring systems, including User Acceptance Testing as needed.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge required
- Suitable candidates will have a good understanding of how a Transaction Monitoring System is configured, ideally gained from previous experience at a bank or financial services business
- Experience of data quality work
- Analytical, well-informed and creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and to the highest level of accuracy and accountability
- Highly organized with excellent research and analytical skills
- Good written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and adept at working independently or in a team on multiple and varied tasks
- Ability to perform under pressure and capable of working collaboratively with employees throughout the company
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in Compliance, Banking, Audit or other Regulatory related work.
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.