Financial Crime Assurance Consultant - London or Milton Keynes
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Develop your career at the heart of our business We have a great opportunity for a Financial Crime Assurance Consultant to join our team in Triton Square or Milton Keynes.
The role holder will be responsible for executing reviews as part of the Financial Crime Compliance Assurance and the Financial Crime Compliance Monitoring plan, within the required timescales and to a high standard.
Our Financial Crime team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. It's about more than money. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn't enough. That's why we're developing a world-class environment for crime prevention
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Financial Crime Assurance Consultant your main responsibilities will be
- Undertaking independent reviews of key financial crime operations across the UK business, as part of the Financial Crime Compliance Assurance and the Financial Crime Compliance Monitoring plans.
- Planning and executing reviews in line with Santander's Financial Crime Compliance Assurance and Monitoring Methodologies, in conjunction with the Financial Crime Compliance Assurance Manager.
- Supporting the design and execution of an appropriate Monitoring plan across the bank; assisting in the planning, documenting and reporting of the testing plan.
- Effectively assessing compliance with Santander's published Financial Crime Policies and Standards.
- Producing high quality reports which clearly highlight the identified issues and risks to Santander.
- Managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders across the business and collaborating with other teams, as required.
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant regulations, best practice and industry guidance and rules.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Proven experience at an equivalent level in Financial Crime assurance or Internal Audit, within the financial industry, is essential.
- Previous retail or corporate banking experience is desirable.
- Demonstrable investigative skills, including; interviewing, analysis and testing is desirable.
- The ability to proactively manage, organise and prioritise workloads in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Proven report-writing skills.
- The ability to exercise sound judgement when assessing risk and controls; understanding and balancing risk, versus appropriate controls, to determine residual risk.
- A recognised external professional qualification, such as the AML Certificate or Diploma through the International Compliance Association would be an advantage. If not already held, the successful candidate must be willing to study for these qualifications.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
You can also be based in one of our other biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.