Financial Crime Referrals, PEPs and Sanctions Senior Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Crime Referrals, PEPs and Sanctions Senior Manager to join us.
The role holder will work with the Head of Financial Crime Advisory and Oversight, to manage the Banks Sanctions and PEP Referrals.
As well as managing a team of subject matter experts, the role holder will be the Sanctions and PEP referrals point of contact for Financial Crime Advisory teams; providing updates to Senior Management on any identified issues and providing support for MLRO at relevant Sanctions and PEP forums.
Our Financial Crime team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. It's about more than money. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn't enough. That's why we're developing a world-class environment for crime prevention. Join us in work that really matters.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Financial Crime Referrals, PEPs and Sanctions Senior Manager your main responsibilities will be
- Managing a team of subject matter experts; providing oversight and leadership guidance to support the team in managing Sanctions and PEP risks.
- Leading and developing the referrals team and managing talent effectively, ensuring referrals are managed within Policy SLAs and requirements
- Providing subject matter expertise and outreach to the Financial Crime Advisory and risk functions, in order to educate staff on PEP and Sanctions risks, issues and referrals processes.
- Participating in the on going enhancement and development of the Financial Crime Policies as necessary, in relation to referrals led requirements.
- Managing PEP briefings to Senior Management for the approval of Banks PEPs and representing Sanctions Referrals at internal meetings with Financial Crime Advisory, and other Financial Crime Risk colleagues, across the Bank.
- Supporting internal audits and regulatory requests; ensuring satisfactory resolution of any audit findings and recommendations.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team, within a financial crime risk role, in the financial services industry, at an equivalent level in financial crime/sanctions.
- Proven experience across Sanctions and PEP risk, with excellent knowledge and understanding of Sanctions Legislation, Money Laundering Regulations and industry guidance.
- Ability to provide strategic direction and manage team talent to reach full potential.
- Sound understanding of risk management, compliance and corporate governance issues.
- Proactive in managing, organising, prioritising workloads in a fast-paced, demanding environment and demonstrates rigorous ownership and resolution of issues.
- Ability to establish and develop good working relationships with internal & external stakeholders; communicating in an open, clear, concise and well-structured way to share information with others.
- Proven report writing skills.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.