- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers We have a great opportunity for a Financial Crime Risk Assessment Analyst to join us in either our Triton Square, Milton Keynes, Carlton Park or Bootle office.
Our Financial Crime team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. It's about more than money. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn't enough. That's why we're developing a world-class environment for crime prevention. Join us in work that really matters.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Financial Crime Risk Assessment Analyst your main responsibilities will be
- Analysing the Business Unit Risk Assessments (BURA), identifying relevant risks and issues to Santander, and proposing remediation actions where risks/issues identified.
- Communicating findings to Risk Assessment Manager; Coordinating key senior stakeholder sign off, agreement on findings and the remediation of any issues.
- Co-ordinating the completion of an annual Risk Assessment for the second line Financial Crime function in accordance with a defined methodology.
- Supporting the creation of a Monitoring Plan underpinned by the Business Unit and Second Line Risk Assessments and a defined methodology; regularly reviewing that methodology and plan.
- Increasing awareness of Santander UK's FC risk and exposure and producing regular MI and reporting on risk assessments, for management.
- Providing additional support to Assurance team where required, not limited to the execution of assurance reviews.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Strong working knowledge of the global legislative and regulatory framework for Financial Crime (Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption).
- Previous experience in an assurance / monitoring / audit role is essential, with risk assessment experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand complex data / issues; to extract results and assure findings.
- Experience of working in the Financial Services industry with broad knowledge of corporate products and services.
- Strong process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills.
- Understanding of Santander UK is desired: Bank wide FC frameworks, policies, procedures and processes, as well as Bank structure roles, accountabilities and requirements.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You will either be based in our Triton Square office, in London, which is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR.
You'll be based right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre.
You'll be working in our Carlton Park offices just outside of Leicester city centre in Narborough.
You'll be working in our Bootle office, easily accessible from major motorways, Liverpool city centre and a short walk Aintree train station.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.