Financial Crime Systems and Capabilities Manager
- disc. bonus/benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
The jobholder is accountable for working within the Major Cases sub-function within one of FCTM's five global functions aimed at mitigating the harms associated with financial crime. In this role, the jobholder will be responsible for developing the Major Cases IT strategy and requirements and maximising the capabilities of regional teams to optimise the management of work undertaken within Major Cases Investigations.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) provides HSBC with a unified global capability to identify, analyse and investigate financial crime threats to the Bank, to support and inform financial crime risk management decisions. FCTM harnesses intelligence, analytics, technology, investigation, information sharing, and public-private partnership to achieve this end, always seeking the most effective and efficient means.
The jobholder is accountable for working within the Major Cases sub-function within one of FCTM's five global functions aimed at mitigating the harms associated with financial crime. In this role, the jobholder:
- Develops the Major Cases IT strategy and requirements; working with Regional Investigation teams and global data scientists to maximise the capabilities of regional teams to optimise the management of the broad spectrum of work undertaken within Major Cases.
- Rationalises the systems and data collation / search capabilities
- Identifies gaps in required data and manage plans to close gaps and improve capability of systems and data to improve efficiency of Major Cases
- Develops the Major Cases People strategy and requirements; working with Regional Investigation teams and global and regional training teams to maximise the capabilities of regional teams to optimise the investigative and reporting capabilities of Major Cases.
- Develops the Major Cases Financial Planning Strategy
- Manages the AOP/ FTE for the Major Cases sub-function including identifying areas of cost savings and efficiencies
- Ensures successful demand management processes.
- Ensures robust financial planning and execution of AOP for Major Cases sub function regionally, ensuring appropriate due diligence by cost centre managers
- Evaluates internal and external best practices in relation to Regional and Global FCR needs and assess and adapt solutions to ensure improved effectiveness and efficiencies.
The post holder will not conduct investigations or undertake intelligence analysis; this will be conducted by appropriate resources in country / region.
To be successful in the role, it is likely that you will meet the following criteria:
- Experience within a legal, regulatory, investigative, or financial intelligence agency, or as a compliance manager within a global firm, in the financial services industry.
- Expertise and experience in mitigating the harms associated with the threat of financial crime at a strategic level.
- An excellent understanding of the current regulatory environment and expectations, relevant regulations, * Strong IT and systems experience
- An experienced strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels.
- Ability to develop efficient and effective solutions to complex global issues and to lead change.
For further details and application information please apply online
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.