Financial Institutions Data Analyst - Banking
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Data Analyst role will be part of the Global Content Operations (GCO) organization, and will interface with teams across GCO, as well as other areas of Fitch Ratings, Fitch Solutions, Products and IT. The Data Analyst will be required to analyse and maintain the Financial Database Repository (FDR) on a daily basis for Banking entities. More specifically you will be required to interpret financial data from annual and other periodic reports so that it is successfully and accurately incorporated into our proprietary database, by reviewing fundamentals of financial statements like the items on balance sheets and income statements. Analysts will also be required to review/ prioritise client queries on this data as they arise.
The role involves close collaboration with other Data Analysts and the Bank Data Specialist for the purposes of quality assurance, policy adherence and policy development. The role reports in to the Financial Institutions Data Team Leader. Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Quality Assurance - p erforming assurance checks on the quality of the data input of our outsource partners, making corrections where necessary
- Data analysis - using bespoke data platforms and products; eg. FDR, Agents, Fitch Connect
- Internal communication - the ability to liaise with Fitch ratings analysts on financial data decisions and queries
- External communication - occasionally required to attend meetings with strategic partners and clients, either on the phone or face-to-face
- Queries - deal with any queries as part of a helpdesk team
- Making recommendations on improvements to the data capture process
- Assist with the implementation of quality improvement and assurance processes
- Analysing financial data - to interpret and "spread" financial data from annual or periodical reports into the Fitch database
- Training and policy decisions - to provide instruction and advice on the placing of key financial data items in balance sheets and income statements, also contributing towards best practice documents for use in training
- Management reports - generate statistical reports for management as required
- A sound knowledge of accounting practices in order to interpret all aspects of a financial report, ideally qualified to degree standard in Accountancy or Business Studies.
- Experience of working with financial statement fundamental data.
- Excellent administration and communication skills.
- Must have a highly organised and methodical approach to work.
- To be a self-starter who can pick up new processes quickly and accurately.
- Have the ability to work within a team environment.
- Have a can-do attitude to problems.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .