Financial Institutions Data Specialist
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws. Position Overview:
The Financial Institutions Data Specialist role will be part of the Global Content Operations (GCO) organization, and will interface with teams across GCO, as well as other areas of Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions.
The data specialist will be a key component in Fitch's objective to strengthen our banking, insurance and non-banking financial institutions content, and will be highly influential in helping to shape our future direction, to meet the needs of clients for high quality, complete, accurate and timely data.
The role will require the candidate to analyse and interpret financial information across sectors, providing guidance to analysts on policies and procedures, designed to standardise the information as it is collected within Fitch templates. The candidate will also be involved in projects around automation as Fitch looks at ways to make the collection if data more efficient.
The role involves close collaboration with the data analysis team, for the purposes of quality assurance, policy adherence and policy development. The role reports in to the Head of Financial Institutions Content. Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Participating in regular meetings with Fitch ratings analysts to understand their fundamental data needs and, their application of relevant Fitch ratings criteria to ensure alignment of goals for data representation
- Ensure highest levels of data quality for banks, insurers and non-banking financial institutions, checking data has been correctly processed by the analysts and providing feedback when required
- Documenting methodologies on how various fundamental data points are defined, can be identified in FI financial statements and should be captured in Fitch standardised data templates
- Providing training and ongoing support to outsource teams on capturing fundamental data as well as handling exceptions in order to support consistently high data quality
- Identifying discrepancies where similar fundamental data points may be treated differently across Fitch jurisdictions and working closely with analytical teams to build consensus and reach an agreed standardised approach where possible
- Monitoring developments in the Financial Services sector globally to provide advice on modifications to data entry templates needed to reflect evolving analytical or industry data needs
- Actively participating in external client meetings, providing presentations to promote the Fitch product
- Providing support to the Head of Financial Institutions Content and Financial Institutions Data Team Leader
- Prepare and provide regular reporting to stakeholders about bank, insurance and non-banking financial institutions data
- Strong understanding of FI business models and the risks inherent in their operations
- Experience of working with FI fundamental data, in an accountancy, actuarial, auditing, counterparty credit risk or financial regulation environment, with an understanding of IFRS, GAAP & wider accounting fundamental processes
- A CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CFA qualified or part qualified candidate would be preferred
- Excellent administration and communication skills
- Proven experience of interacting effectively with senior management
- Experience of working with offshore or outsourcing teams is highly sought
- Must have a highly organised and methodical approach to work
- To be a self-starter who can pick up new processes quickly and accurately
- A strong leader with the ability to encourage others within a team environment
- Have a can-do attitude to problems
- Sound knowledge of a second language would be an advantage
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .