Financial Institutions European Equity Capital Markets - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s European Equity Capital Markets (ECM) practice has consistently been the leader across equity issuance products such as IPOs, capital increases, accelerated share placings and equity-linked products.
The European Financial Institutions market, in particular, continues to be one of our top focus areas, with the clear aim to continue dominating equity issuance in this sector in Europe.
We are currently looking to hire an experienced junior banker (senior analyst/associate level) to join our Financial Institutions European Equity Capital Markets (FIG ECM) team, based in London.
- Providing client-facing input on marketing and execution of various types of equity and equity-linked capital markets offerings
- Liaising with equities sales, research and trading to discuss sector- and stock-specific trends and investor feedback as well as direct dialogue with the FIG specialist buy side community
- Frequent interaction with our London based FIG investment banking
- Day-to-day project management role in transaction processes, liaising with clients and other advisors
- Attending team discussions and where appropriate client meetings, where you may be asked to deliver parts of a presentation
- Previous full-time employment in a top tier investment bank in either equity capital markets, corporate broking, corporate finance/M&A, research or equity sales. May consider close equivalent experience. Any previous FIG experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are essential; fluency in other European languages a plus but not a pre-requisite
- Desire to consistently outperform in terms of intensity, teamwork and pro-activity
- We expect that likely candidates may have developed the necessary competencies in a similar role over a 3-5 years’ period
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-CN1