We have an excellent opportunity as part of our Associate Program, which is an early career rotational scheme (covering Origination, Structuring, Risk Distribution and Financial Trading) that will provide hands-on exposure to different areas of the business, ongoing mentorship by group leaders and meaningful assignments that will prepare you for a rewarding career in the financial services industry.
Location: London (City) UK, Singapore, Geneva, Minneapolis
The Trade and Capital Markets group is one of many businesses within Cargill and the role of this group is to create innovative financial solutions through trade finance tools for banks and corporates, as well as bespoke financial products for both Cargill buyers and suppliers, in emerging & developed markets.
We have an excellent opportunity as part of our Associate Program, which is an early career rotational scheme (covering Origination, Structuring, Risk Distribution and Financial Trading) that will provide hands-on exposure to different areas of the business, ongoing mentorship by group leaders and meaningful assignments that will prepare you for a rewarding career in the financial services industry. The Trade and Capital Markets group is headquartered in Singapore but has 21 locations in 17 countries- a truly global business with a diverse team, creating a dynamic and stimulating environment.
- Track macro-economic and political developments in geo markets and provide corresponding analysis as an input to strategy development
- Assess new markets economic viability through research and analysis
- Participate in cross-business brainstorming sessions to come up with solutions for specific market/customer/trade realities
- Participate in client meetings to understand our customers trade/ market needs
- Track syndication and loan market transactions within Financial Institutions and Trade Finance domains
- Help calculate deal profitability, risk/ return and PNL (Profit and Loss)
- Input and consolidate risk, debt and trade flow information
- Develop understanding of core products which the group offers
- Develop deep understanding of the building blocks for implementing new products and navigating through the internal system to put the pieces together
- Be actively involved in risk identification and mitigation
- Participate in the renewal process and management of documentation templates
- Help solve issues relating to the existing product portfolio
Risk Investors Group:
- Understand the investor group that comprise Cargill’s investor base
- Participate in investor meetings, ensure meeting reports and follow-up action items are addressed
- Develop working knowledge of TCM’s Global Insurance business including processes from application, policy binding and claims together with investor Master Funded Participation Agreement (MFPA) and funding of positions
- Support our Traders on products such as letters of credit, account receivables, repo agreements and other products
- Desk trade support on trade entry and capture, PNL calculations and position reporting
- Support on quantative trading models and analysis
- Macro-economic data gathering and analysis
- Fixed income, currencies, equity, and interest rates trade analysis and idea generation
- University Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area (Financial Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Accounting)
- Communication skills in fluent English and able to communicate to, persuade and influence at different levels– other language fluency would be advantageous
- Highly motivated, a self-starter and keen to learn and develop
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- A team orientated individual who can work on their own tasks, but collaborate with others
- The ability to constructively challenge the status quo and come up with new ideas
- Able to work in an agile, fast paced and complex business environment
- The desire to work in a global and multi-cultural environment
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Excel, i.e. VBA/Macro’s and programming languages would be advantageous
- Geographical mobility to undertake rotations in any of the main locations (London, Singapore, Minneapolis, Geneva)
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://www.cargill.com/careers/global-inclusion-and-diversity
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a complete a pre-recorded video interview, to answer pre-set questions. If this is successful you will be invited to complete an online assessment. Then you will be invited meet with the hiring manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview will also be needed.