- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 23 Apr 18
Financial Operations Risk Manager (FORM)
Reporting to the global Financial Operations Risk Management team lead, and locally to the regional Financial Controller, the Financial Operations Risk Manager (FORM) forms part of a central function responsible for providing support to the CFO in
About the role
Reporting to the global Financial Operations Risk Management team lead, and locally to the regional Financial Controller, the Financial Operations Risk Manager (FORM) forms part of a central function responsible for providing support to the CFO in managing and monitoring Macquarie’s operational risk framework and oversight of Finance’s operations globally.
- Operational risk governance and policy – Ownership of the Financial Control Framework (“FCF”)
- Provide ad hoc advice to finance staff regarding operational risk best practices, interpretation and application of policy.
- Timely escalation of operational risks, concerns and issues to local and global stakeholders
- Report and manage operational incidents in a timely manner to prevent recurrence. Analyse trends to identify areas of concern
- Participate in global ‘Control Assurance’ reviews across high risk areas of Finance. Lead regional control assurance activities and reporting, including site visits to non-London offices in EMEA
- Prevent operational incidents through participation and advising on ad hoc projects, e.g. new business integrations
- Training: identifying Finance staff needs, developing materials and delivery, e.g. FORM-owned systems like BCS, new starter inductions, etc.
- Operational risk reporting, e.g. regional Key Risk Indicators
- Ad hoc visits to non-London offices in EMEA, to provide training, build relationships and complete control assurance testing (c. 10 days per year)
- Execution of operational risk-related compliance tasks, including the Senior Accounting Officer signoff an Senior Managers’ Regime
- Relationship management with key stakeholders in FMG, the Risk Management Group and operational risk managers in other business groups
- Completing user access reviews and physical access reviews
- Coordinating the quarterly Finance Direct Report signoff process for EMEA
- Assist in assessing and monitoring the design and operation of Financial Control Operating Standards, which provide a framework for the consistent application of the FCF across the organization
- Participation in the half yearly Risk and Control Self Assessment
- Ownership (delegated from CFO) of the Business Recovery Plan for FMG in EMEA
Our business is to realize opportunities for our clients, stakeholders and staff, and is characterized by accountability and integrity. As such, you will have:
- Good understanding of the key elements of a financial control environment via external/internal audit, operational risk or financial control roles
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to follow through on issues
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and an organized and methodical approach to work.
- Independence and confidence to escalate issues where necessary
- Bachelors degree, in Accounting and/or Finance
- 5-7 years experience, Chartered Accountant preferred
- Accountability and ownership of key deliverables
- Able to build relationships and collaborate across the business and globe
- Continuous drive to find and deliver on opportunities to improve the business
- Ability to interpret, analyse and explain data to a broad range of stakeholders
- Strong people management skills
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.