Financial Planning / Protection Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 May 19
Financial Planning / Protection Specialist
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18072869
• To be a Protection Product Specialist within the UK Consumer Bank (UKC) Advisory Sales Team.
• The candidate will manage and drive the Protection and Offshore Bonds Solutions and services in partnership with the existing customer Relationship Managers for HNW Affluent and mass affluent segments
• The objective of this position is to conduct daily sales and advisory activities related to protection and Offshore Bonds, coach and train Relatonship Managers, offer specialty services in terms of market intelligence, developing and growing awareness among retail clients of the insurance and protection linked solutions available from Citi and their relevance and importance as part of their financial planning.
• Citi UK Consumer Bank and International Personal Bank (IPB) EMEA businesses serve around 100K clients with a total footing of $8.5 Billion, and revenue of over $ 120MM. The Investments AUM is over $ 2.6 Billion and the customer Liability book is over $ 6 Billion across multiple countries/ geographies.
• UK Consumer bank serves UK residents clients with multi currency banking, Wealth Management, Protection, Offshore Bond related products and services. The business is London based with Operations and Customer Services based across sites both in the UK and abroad.
• IPB caters to the off shore wealth management needs of onshore clients in various EMEA markets and offers products and services across banking products such as current account, savings, time deposits, FCY products and investment products such as mutual funds, structured notes, fixed income advisory, equity brokerage, credit products, dual currency placements, FXOW etc. Our key markets in EMEA are Russia, Greece, UAE and Bahrain.
Deliver Results: Revenue:
• To work closely with the UKC Sales Team and deliver superior advice to HNW clients on our protection proposition (currently Insurance and Offshore Bonds) and meet their needs. Thereby increasing client satisfaction
• Responsible for delivering protection revenue by working with Relationship Managers and delivering the proposition for protection and offshore bonds and (other products as they are launched) to Citi clients.
• Support the individual Relationship Managers (RM's) and Relationship Officers (RO's) within the UK Sales Team to identify potential protection opportunities in their client bank and work with them to generate Protection Review meetings for you to attend.
• Working with Sales Managers and Relationship Managers to build, maintain and manage an accurate pipeline of current and future Protection Business and manage product applications through the underwriting process as efficiently as possible.
• Collate and share regular Management Information on protection activity across the sales and product teams.
Drive Value for Clients
• Wherever possible simplify technical complexity and ensure that key messages are clear, relevant, and understood by Relationship Managers and clients.
• Support RM's and RO's on our protection proposition, including (where requested or required) taking the lead in client discussions in relation to those products, including undertaking a full detailed client assessment, making the appropriate product recommendations based on the clients identified needs and concluding any subsequent product sales.
• Present, from time to time, to the Relationship Manager team and at Client Events.
• Ensure full and best usage of sales advisory tools. Contribute to the further development of sales advisory tools in order to ensure alignment with the banks strategy and optimal usage by Relationship Managers.
• Utilise market knowledge to contribute ideas to business strategy where relevant.
• Assist in delivering training on the protection proposition to the UK Sales Team, where requested.
• Identify areas where current processes can be improved and suggest alternative solutions.
• Work with the Head of Insurance Products to improve, refine and expand the overall protection proposition in line with client's needs, market opportunities and the banks development strategy.
Works as a Partner: Leadership and Stakeholder Management
• To support the UK Sales Team with specialist product knowledge and assistance in support of their business objectives.
• Maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and wider external customers.
• Provide specialist business development support, technical support and training to the RM's and RO's.
• Work closely with our external Insurance Partners.
• Act as an ambassador for the company, its brand and proposition.
Regulatory, Risk Control and Governance
• Ensure engagement with clients is compliant to Citi internal policies (RDIP) and external regulatory policies - ICOB, RDR, MIFID product registration requirements across jurisdictions and other policies from regulators - FCA, JFSC, FIMNA.
• Ensure all sales activities are compliant to Citi's suitability processes, Treating Customers Fairly principles and ensure timely escalation of issues as they arise.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business. It offers the chance to directly serve clients and offer protection, offshore Bond and in the future possibly retirement related solutions, build the ability to partner with and influence sales RMs, product managers and other specialists, generate revenue, and work with advisory teams to promote our solutions across the business and client base.
• Current sales experience of the products being offered.
• Deep understanding of customer facing protection sales processes and practices.
• Demonstrable, strong and up to date technical knowledge of protection and Offshore Bonds and how they can provide solutions to a range of client needs.
• Current (with extensive years) Financial Services experience is essential.
• Experienced and comfortable in presenting to a variety of audiences, from small, focused groups to large conference venues, internal and external audiences.
• Fluent in English
• Understanding of Protection and Insurance related products and markets and ability to understand economic events, to translate for clients
• Have confidence in explaining and advising on Protection and Offshore Bonds to individual clients in a professional and clear manner.
• Superior product knowledge to recommend/offer the best value-added possible solutions to clients.
• The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients to build rapport and trust whether face to face, over the phone or in written/email communications.
• Sales aptitude - the ability to gather all relevant facts and present your recommendations clearly, concisely and honestly to customers and where relevant, Internal stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to work with other internal teams and overseas partners / colleagues
• Detail-oriented; control process, documentation and tracking skills.
• Strong communication, numeracy and literacy skills
• Ideally educated to degree level (although relevant experience in a similar role is equally as important)
• Holds relevant regulatory qualifications to advise on Retail Investment Products including Offshore Bonds and Protection (pensions may also be an advantage).
• FCA level 4 - 6 qualified (but may consider Level 3 if working towards level 4).
• Focus on People:
o Influencing and Communication
o Building Relationships
• Focus on Business and Results
o Drive and Determination
o Planning and Organising
o Commercial Awareness
o Client Focus
• Valuing Diversity:
o Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce.
o Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.