CICC is looking for an accountant qualified in England and Wales to work alongside the front office and financial control team for the accounting treatment for different financial products and communications with external & internal stakeholders.
The job responsibilities associated with this role are expected to include:
- Adequate understanding in accounting treatment for different financial products and basic knowledge of cash equities, derivatives (such as TRS, Options, Futures, IRS and Structured products) and corporate finance;
- Involved in daily PnL for equities and other financial products
- Prepare daily journals for the equities and other financial products
- Support business on a daily basis, ensure completeness of all transactions, prepare journal entries, generate accounting posting and prepare periodical financial reporting;
- Be able to handle queries from senior management related to financial product and reporting issues and from auditors relating to the accounting treatment of products;
- Perform month-end posting and reconciliations as well as other periodical ad hoc reporting to the front desk/senior management;
Skills and Abilities
- 4-6 years of practical accounting experience gained in accounting / product control / audit field;
- Has an understanding of the accounting standards for financial instruments;
- Knowledge of equities products is highly preferred; knowledge and practical experience in dealing with structured products/fixed income products/derivatives is preferred;
- Previous working experience in an FCA (formerly FSA) regulated firm preferred;
- Initiative with good interpersonal skills, be able to work independently and at the same time in a teamwork environment;
- An organised individual with good communications skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and manage conflicting deadlines
- Good numerical, analytical and Excel skills;
- Excellent command of both English and Mandarin;
- University graduate in Accounting and/or Finance
- Qualified Accountant
- MS Office Skills: Use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Student or Member CFA is preferred
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as the comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.